Wednesday, 10 December 2025

The Wreck of Britain

 I see that Trump says European leaders are weak.   How right he is.  Weak, spineless, often very stupid - current example of this Starmer is saying he will give the British frozen Russian assets to Ukraine - has he never heard or understood the words "intimidation" and "Putin" and "it will come back to bite him"  (only for him read us) and perhaps he should follow Macron and not do this. Macron is more cautious. Even the Belgian bank where the assets are held are reluctant to take any part in release to Ukraine.

No army to save us any more, adverts in the cinema every day calling for Army recruits,  empty words, no respect for soldiers so why would any boy want to join up to represent his country only to be threatened with jail 40 years later for doing what he was expected to do and then be called a criminal, put before courts, treated like a dog.  

Why would anybody want to come to Britain to live?  Because we are the soft touch welfare state where the welfare state comes before the working people.  

Why will nobody comment on this post?  Because it is not the acceptable thing to say.  

6 comments:

  1. I read an article just this morning that suggests that a conventional war against Europe won't be necessary. Just cut the undersea cables and everything will collapse into chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed that is so. I think in whatever way we are attacked we will be caught with our trousers down.

      Delete
  2. People are frightened of commenting in case they are targeted for their opinions by the authorities. The silent majority agree with a lot of what you say Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, is that what it is. I agree Britain is a bit of a dictatorial state now. Thanks for the support Simone. And the same goes to JayCee above, thank you. xx

      Delete
  3. So far, I had not commented on your post because I don't actually know what to say - I have only an outsider's perspective on the UK; visiting for a maximum of two weeks once a year hardly enables me to voice a qualified opinion. And if I have nothing to say that's worth saying, I rather don't comment at all - same as I usually don't comment on football :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite understand Meike. My throwaway line at the end of the post was very much that, just a throwaway because I know that many do not like to say anything here. I often read how much people like my blog (they tend to say it elsewhere) but I never actually hear from them myself or I may have heard from them in the past but I no longer do so. I do not think it is entirely because they haven't found the new blog. I don't blame them as expressing a political bias on one single item on blogs can render one labelled for ever more which I know to my cost. And I assume that it is not considered a good thing to be seen to be here but they keep on quietly reading. Thanks Meike for coming back to leave me the comment. As a non-British reader I do not expect you to make informed observations on British politics but rather that I am informing of some of the things that go on in Britain such as it is a divided country with less than 22% voting in our present government at the last election.

      Delete