The Melania post has been the most read of all my posts since starting this new blog. Strange that a film I went to see after already seeing four other films in the space of six days made such interesting reading for people. The others were of no interest to these visitors. In the context of my film going I am normally of minor blog importance of course. Melania was my final escape of the week. I suspect they were not regular readers because the multiple visits did not engender greetings to me and I expect they were disappointed with their return visits in that there was nothing to see.
Yesterday the visit to the optician went well and the contact lens check resulted in an all clear to continue as I am. This check is a requirement and is free, the cost is included in the lens supply budget of course. The visit to Primark also went well, no Christmas crowds so I was able to buy my holiday underwear. Well, in fact what I did was I bought one or two to try as all the underwear styles had changed since my last purchase a few years ago and I was undecided what I will find most comfortable. Primark used to be the best place for underwear with easy selection, lots of cotton and styles, but things change and this has changed with far more in packs of three or six and no loose counters except lots of nylon ones with lace. Roughish lace around the skin is not comfortable so I avoid them.
I also visited Marks and Spencers for some food shopping, a very limited buy of a few of my favourites which I miss because I rarely go into the city these days, and I was on the train so did not wish to haul home any heavy shopping and already had the contact lens solution in my backpack.
It's good your opticians appointment went well. Thinking about eyes, when I read your Melania post I first read it as Melanoma! I am due for a return visit to the opticians but can't face it just yet. I have never been in a Primark and don't think there is one locally. M&S is good for a few treats. Enjoy your day Rachel. Sky one uniform shade of grey here! x
ReplyDeleteI had a chat with the optician about travel while he was checking my eyes. But he did an extra thorough check last time in August so yesterday I kind of dictated how much he did because I couldn't face taking my lenses out and in! He had also been to Siberia and brought the subject up which is how we got on to travel! A nice interlude for me in the day. I guess you would have to go down to Oxford Street for a Primark. My landline is out of order so I am having fun with BT bots, whatever a bot is! It is funny how it is assumed we know what all these things mean. I received a text message to say a bot is looking at the problem. Another grey sky here. xx
DeleteThe title of today's post is puzzling - No storm? What did I miss?
ReplyDeleteFinding underwear that's both comfortable and affordable is not always easy, same as finding a good pair of jeans to wear every day. When I settle on a favourite pair of jeans I wear them until they fall apart. Much of my undies nowadays come from ALDI, nearly always cotton, with the odd exception when they have some "functional" stuff that goes well underneath hiking pants etc., with the seams not showing through thinner fabric or so. I am fortunate in that I have a very standard-type height and figure and can usually trust the regular sizes on offer without needing to try them on; only tights are difficult in that I need bigger sizes for length but not for width.
Always a relief when an eye check goes well! My next one is in April.
The trouble with buying undies is that there are so many different shapes and on the packet illustration it is not obvious exactly how they will "sit" on the body. Primark used to sell undies separately, unpacketed, that you could choose off a stand and as well as seeing the shape one could also feel the fabric. Now this has been overtaken by packets that are sealed. With jeans I had a reliable source of jeans that would fit purchased from a large department store. The store chain has now closed down but I bought two pairs before they disappeared. After that I will have to begin again somewhere else.
DeleteThe heading related to the first paragraph. There was "no storm" about the film on my blog.
At Xmas I sent my granddaughters to the M&S in Central Athens. They picked up some treats for my English friend. Their underwear used to have a great reputation. Nowadays there are so many other stores with cheaper stuff and good quality.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you've got the all clear for your eyes. One less thing to think or worry about
I stopped buying M&S undies a long time ago. They suddenly seemed to lose the way and get overtaken. Yep, eyes should be ok for another six months.
DeleteGlad your eye check went well. I don’t know what Melania trump does as First Lady - she has a very low profile - perhaps not so in USA?
ReplyDeleteMy eye check was pleasant and an interlude in an otherwise quiet day on my own. I enjoyed chatting to the optician. As for Melania, I suspect the reactions were a little OTT and will be forgotten about. I saw an entertaining documentary and that was enough for me.
Delete