Thursday, 12 March 2026

Film Time

 Apart from writing 10 minute crazy blogs I have been doing other things.  

To start the week I went to see The Bride which is the new Frankinstein movie.  I loved it.  It is wacky, off the wall, crazy.  It is with "black humour" (and black humour always attracts me).  Frankinstein movies per se do not interest me.    This is not your usual Frankinstein movie and if that is what you want then you will be disappointed.  I saw people walk out and not come back.   Frankinstein is lonely, he calls himself that because Frankinstein made him, and so he is Frank through the film.  His bride is a very wacky Jessie Buckley who turns up everywhere right now, even Desert Island Discs a couple of weeks ago and I am expecting to bump into her in Waitrose any time soon (she now lives in Norfolk if this is not clear).   Anyway, Jessie can do anything and she makes a crazy bride with a bit of Mary Shelley and a bit of Ginger Rogers and Frank is played by Christian Bale and is laid back and quiet but he has his moments.   Recommendation is go and see it if you like wacky things and you are a bit wacky yourself.  If neither of these descriptions fit you then probably don't bother. 

The next day I went to the hairdressers and had a hour with Hannah and got grounded and wacky stuff with her too which is why we are friends as well as client and hairdresser.    I went home and as the day was nice and sunny I got the ride-on out, started it and flew around the grass in a crazy fashion and did it how I liked and yes, I enjoyed myself and I am going to love doing my own grass in lines and patterns of whatever I want. 

That brings me to yesterday and I went to see How to Make a Killing starring Glen Powell who also seems to turn up a lot these days.  This is also wacky but less so than The Bride and quite funny too although I was alone in laughing out loud.  I recommend this one.  It is cleverly done from start to finish with a beginning, a middle and an end and a clever way of storytelling.   Definitely a goer for the cinema goer. 

Today was bright and sunny until about half an hour ago and now at 8.30 am the sun has disappeared.  I am off to sing and write lyrics once more at our creative afternoon in the local town hall and have fun.


Later: 

11.30 am it is now gale force winds with extremely frightening gusts.  I have been outside to secure what I can. 

I will still go out to singing though., 

10 comments:

  1. Wacky makes the world a helluva lot better even if you're not wacky yourself. Definitely wouldn't call myself that. But I admire a bit of wackiness in others. Life can get boring
    Yeh for your grass cutting adventures. Going round and round would be very boring
    Enjoy yourself!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This movie was definitely crazy wacky. I don't know that I am wacky, maybe just a bit, but I do like crazy movies. The grass cutting is going to be fun this summer.

      Delete
  2. Black humour usually attracts me, too, and I like Christian Bale; don't know Jesse Buckley but you make this definitely sound like a film I'd enjoy.

    Love the idea of you flying around on your mower, just fresh from the hairdresser's, too, when the more un-wacky women of this world would carefully avoid any activity that could undo their "freshly cut and set" look :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have put Jessie, not Jesse, and have now corrected it. Perhaps that misled you. Jessie Buckley is much talked about currently because of her role in the successful movie Hamnet and her best actress award for playing Shakespeare's wife. .

      I am going to enjoy the mowing season for sure and I am grateful to my brother for setting this all up for me. Hair is for living and a wash and blow dry and a trim will survive!

      Delete
  3. I am glad you enjoyed the recent films. I hope you enjoyed writing lyrics and singing today Rachel. The ride on will be fun for you in the summer. I was not prepared for the windy weather today! I haven't even set a foot out of the door for fear of getting blown away! Have a nice evening. Good to be sheltered indoors in this weather. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at the gales which have been blowing hard since just before midday and still are. It seems weird that this storm had not been given one of their silly names as it is the most severe wind speed we have had all winter and the only storm so far to have scared me. I did go out to the singing because I did not want to miss it. We had a very talented male folk singer who was also a good teacher as well so I was glad not to miss it. I don't blame you for not setting foot outside, I felt in danger even on my own property when getting my car out. And still the gales are blowing. xx

      Delete