Saturday, 14 March 2026

Good May Not Come in the Baskets that You Wish For but it still Comes


Today I would like to remind readers that in Tehran they hang homosexuals from cranes in the city for all to see in public executions.   When isolating Iran for special measures and not to be touched because it is against international law please bear this fact in mind and if you were about to be tortured and your skin torn off and thrashed in 1930s Germany by the Nazis would international law have featured in your thoughts when praying for help to arrive?

Women of Iran have thanked the US for helping them more than the feminists have ever done.  Women are second class in very many ways in Iran. Please be reminded.  

Enemies of Iran are shot in the head by Revolutionaries.  Please be reminded of this too.  

Let us hope that changes to these facts will come.

In Venezuela the National Guard are linked to torture and killings. 

I thank President Trump on behalf of the people who are tortured and killed in these countries and I thank President Trump in the name of Israel who are let down and betrayed by the west in their lack of understanding of the night of 7th October 2023 and the barbaric, systematic, planned attacks on Jews by Hamas.  Hamas funded to millions of dollars by Iran.  

Houthis funded to millions of dollars by Iran.  

I thank President Trump for the presence of the US Navy in the Strait of Hormuz. 

Back in the UK it is frosty this morning and it was very cold in the night and I reached for the second duvet to cover the bed.  It was on the floor so not difficult to place on the bed in the early hours when the temperature had dropped considerably and the frost on the grass was of no surprise to me this morning. 

I would love to find a good novel to read but today's writers are not at a good level of literature that I wish to read.  Take that however you like but I do not find a good book to read very often and I no longer have a favourite author with Margaret Drabble, Margaret Forster, Olivia Manning,  Penelope Lively, Anita Brookner all long gone and of the boys the books of Sebastian Folkes I have read more than once and quite frankly I have had enough of World War I  and Ian McEwan knows not how to end a story.   The charity shops feed me with little worth reading in contemporary novels.  The last book from the station bookstall was The Wedding People by Alison Espach heralded as a best seller with millions sold mostly to people like me no doubt desperate for a read only to find a poorly written, shallow, muddled story that laboured its way along a rough and ready path of too many characters with nothing much of substance. 

I will go on my way now.



13 comments:

  1. I don't cry easily, I don't know how to cry, but parts of your post almost brought me to tears. Here's someone who knows how to put the truth into words. I'm busy surviving these days,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am crying at Max Dowman scoring Arsenal's winning goal just now at 16 years of age. The truth of life is summed up in a football game. The boy is young and he has his life before him. I am also thanking you for your comment which will be one alone that I will receive here. I say what is right for what we see and what other people know but they will only hide it away and not say it. They will be led by what is said by others only and that is, of course, not me . Thank you Yael and best wishes for Saturday night.

      Delete
    2. People are blinded by hatred for Trump and will see nothing else. They see neither the restrictions on the people nor the killings nor the torture of ordinary people. They are blinded by their own hatred.

      Delete
  2. Of course, you shouldn't expect comments when it comes to topics that are related to us. But you were wise to also write about other topics, it's always more comfortable for people to respond to that.I'm constantly on alert, having to stay awake because of the alarms and running to the shelter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absent comments also speak Yael, as you will know I am sure.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I couldn't stop crying when the boy scored.

      Delete
  4. I've just finished reading The Great Gatsby. Do you remember how Chedgey painted a scene from this book? I wonder what happened to the painting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, it's a long time since I thought of Chedgey; I wonder how he is faring in old age. I don't remember that particular painting but there are collectors of his work so I imagine it is hanging on someone's wall, probably in Norwich!

      Delete
    2. Years ago, I seem to remember you mentioning this painting on your blog, but you didn't know its origin, so to speak. It was actually the scene of the ash heaps outside the city, as described in The Great Gatsby. If you are still looking for something to read, go for this book!

      Delete
    3. Thank you Margaret. I do remember our conversation but don't recall that the painting I was talking about as being the Gatsby one. However you could be right. I recall a young lady from Sky working in my house and spotting a Chedgey on my wall and naming it as a still from a film. It is a rather sinister painting and I took it down some months ago because I didn't want there anymore. I rather wish I had given it to the Sky girl as she loved it! As for The Great Gatsby, I have read it twice, the second time not that long ago. It is a well crafted story.

      Delete
    4. Do you mean you still own that painting? The subject IS very sinister, because of what happened at the garage near the ash heaps (spoiler alert for those who haven't read the book).

      Delete
    5. I have A painting by him but not THAT painting. I don't know what mine is called nor from what movie it comes but it isn't the Gatsby one.

      Delete