Thanks Linda. I suppose it is the Easter story that most of us know and with the drawings it speaks for itself. I like the quietness and contemplation of today, Good Friday. Mostly lost in the world of commercialism but I will stay in today.
I felt that quietness and contemplation today, too, even though I am not "observant" by going to church or listening to a particular piece of classical music written for this day. Yes, your drawings speak clearly.
I have spent Good Friday alone, as I usually do, and I don't go out. I rarely go to church. I tried some attendance at the Buddhist Temple two years ago. Whilst I found the meditation teaching interesting it was no more than that and I did not feel any attachment to Buddhism for longer term. I prefer quiet contemplation on my own. I did the drawings whilst sitting in the Catholic Cathedral here a number of years ago and they always take me back to the quietness of that day.
Your sketches are very expressive. Your strokes tell the story without the need for embellishments
ReplyDeleteThanks Linda. I suppose it is the Easter story that most of us know and with the drawings it speaks for itself. I like the quietness and contemplation of today, Good Friday. Mostly lost in the world of commercialism but I will stay in today.
DeleteI felt that quietness and contemplation today, too, even though I am not "observant" by going to church or listening to a particular piece of classical music written for this day.
ReplyDeleteYes, your drawings speak clearly.
I have spent Good Friday alone, as I usually do, and I don't go out. I rarely go to church. I tried some attendance at the Buddhist Temple two years ago. Whilst I found the meditation teaching interesting it was no more than that and I did not feel any attachment to Buddhism for longer term. I prefer quiet contemplation on my own. I did the drawings whilst sitting in the Catholic Cathedral here a number of years ago and they always take me back to the quietness of that day.
Delete