Tuesday, 21 April 2026

Vote Conservative Kemi Badenoch

 Bring back the Tories.  Take out Rayner, Miliband and Andy Burnham.  We will suffer under any one of these three and the country will go further and further down the drain and into oblivion.  3 years is a long time for more suffering of a country teetering along. 3 years is a long while for trade union red robbos to take over anything that is left of industry.    3 years is a long time for net zero madness.

No bond market on our side means no Britain. You may not like many capitalist lending tools but they are vital enablers for government finance spending.   Alienate the bond market at your peril.  

You may have hated Boris Johnson for  a piece of cake that a civil servant who should have known better organised and no office manager said no, you work here and you play outside the office, but no, civil servants cannot be crossed.   I loved the Tories when they helped with electricity payments and money appeared when they said it would and sometimes even took me by surprise. Socialists hated to say it but yes, it helped.   At least it came to us all.  You may have wanted a laughing stock to fill your phone feeds with cakes but at least you still had money and if you had to work from home or not work at all you had a money feed of furlough payments.  Now it is all not so funny after all.  Mandelson is the piece of cake that won't go away for Starmer and it is a far worse piece of illustration  of poor leadership than a birthday cake made in Downing Street ever was.  But let it go so we don't go further down the drain.  Better the devil you know than Rayner or Miliband or Burnham. 

Take the picture of a high street in decline in any city and that is Britain for you in a nutshell.  No head in the sand needed because it is all around us.   Amazon or not, the staff disappear in the shops.  900,000 young people out of work.  National Insurance hikes and minimum wage bills will see to it that that stays, unfashionable jobs and unemployment in the family history ok to stay in bed all day and go out at night. Ketamine for recreation.   

I did see Diane Abbott's wonderful take down of Starmer, the first time I believe I have seen good in Abbott, she actually hit the nail on the head of what people want, truth and transparency and it doesn't take much to remember the times that Mandelson was sacked from Cabinet in the 1990s but as I said before, perhaps Starmer's adviser Morgan McSweeney was just too young to know and should never have been advising Starmer in the first place.  

So this is  what happens when we become fickle and very stupid  in our voting,   We end up with the Labour Party and a near broken Britain edging back to a more breaking by the EU.  Please note Juncker is still there advising Brussels. 

How many followers do I have? 24.  No worries.

I could just write that it is a lovely  day and the trees are full of blossom.  Or I could remind you about a tube strike later this week. 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Rachel. as we are stuck with labour, who would be the best (least bad) choice, Perhaps I should just sleep for the next 3 years.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stick with the devil we know. There have been Labour people I liked during Brexit for fairness in spite of everything in the debacle in the Commons at that time but I am not up to speed with them at present. (They did not include Rayner or Miliband or Burnham (up until he left)).

      Delete
  2. I wouldnt be disappointed if you wrote about cherry blossoms and tulips but I'd be surprised. Your insights bring me a different view, whether I understand or agree, and I like the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably difficult to fully understand this post for those outside Britain but for British people it is a subject of current interest regardless of which side of the hymn sheet one is singing from. I don't plan my posts, it just depends what wants to come out of me when I start typing. This is what it was today. I like your comments. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I thought Diane Abbot was the most lucid I have seen her in years! I like Kemi. I don't think people will forgive the Conservative party though. I dread to think what this country will be with a few more years with Labour 'in charge'. They have ruined everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not aware of what there is to forgive in the Conservative Party and I am positive people will be able to see this now that they have a Labour government. The worst Conservative government is still better than any Labour government. I thought Diane Abbott came across very sincerely in her words to Starmer and representative of ordinary people.

      Delete
    2. For some people I think it would be that Boris didn't lock down quick enough even though covid was spreading quickly. There was all the Matt Hancock stuff with him having an affair while we were all told to keep our distance from each other. There was the PPE saga with the stuff not being fit for purpose and people like Michelle Mone profiting from it etc. A new Conservative Party running the country would be good if they didn't have the the old lot back again. It has been a lovely day today and my wisteria is covered in white blooms. Hope you have a good evening Rachel. x

      Delete
    3. Oh I see. I saw that Boris Johnson was weak with the scientists and I was never sure what happened towards the end of March 2020 when we were on track for a good Swedish template and then suddenly it all changed. The PPE waste was for sure a waste but not enough to reward us with Labour for five years. The good of furlough and the workers was how I remember it. As for the "old lot" as you call them, they have mostly gone.

      Delete
    4. I agree that labour are far worse. I never voted for them and I never would. Labour was definitely a protest vote. I said 'old lot' as I couldn't recall the names of them from the top of my head.

      Delete
  4. I was also very pleased to see that Boris's handling of Covid has now been praised. Kemi is without doubt the best political leader we have; and the least dangerous. I also look forward to seeing Penny M back in government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should also have added Jesse Norman's name to that of Penny's.

      Delete
    2. I had no idea people still hark back to Covid; I blamed the unelected scientists and the revenge of the academics so paid little attention once they took over and the sudden U turn in March 2020 still remains a mystery. I like Kemi Badenoch, she makes a good leader. I am not sure whether Penny M will ever return to politics, she seems to have gone the way of William Hague.

      Delete