The Labour Party is having a second coming under Burnham. It is fueled by conceit, inflated by self-importance. I no longer have the positive feelings about them that I had three days ago. They are fueled by power. The bad of the previous cabinet has been replaced by the worse of the new. Phillipson goes to be replaced by Powell who is as spiteful as the one before her. The net zero zealot is replaced by a net zero zealot even more of a zealot than the one before her. The new cabinet members make fun of justice and the release of prisoners who have raped and murdered and adopt a joke for their cover and how they treat the importance of the running of this country.
I am finished with my days of positivity. The sweet pill of the elimination of the 5% Vat on energy bills may fool a few and the return of the cap to the £2 bus fare; detail of where this funding is coming from has not yet been released. "Let's keep the idiots happy before we come for them and take it all away when we rob Peter to pay Paul. Let them think how good we are before we slap 'em".
As the families of those harmed by hammer wielding murderers, rapists the families who now sit in fear who have been attacked by the son, brother, father, uncle, the partner, who now will walk free upon early release from prison: fear of the knock on the door: remember them in your prayers and remember that those in power who laugh will face judgment.
Stage 19 of the Tour deserves a mention today and I will add it to the post now I am up and about. I have the chimney sweep coming, it is a short post.
This is an old illustration of mine from a Tour gone by but it fits today's stage 19 because it is up hill all the way. Gap to Alpe d'Huez. That's 127 km up hill, relentless. This goes on for two days, two days of breathtaking mountain stages.
How much of of bonus in tax has been made on the price of oil/petrol/gas over the last few years? Let alone the 20% VAT added to all our cost of living increases. Lesley x
ReplyDeleteBillions. And no more do we give the EU billions of our VAT collected. The 5% electricity rebate will save me £45 per year I am told. x
DeleteDon't let them take your positivity Rachel. Hope is all we have. I am not going to say anything disparaging about this new government. I do believe in Karma. We have to hold on tight and have faith that all will work out in the end. As Julian of Norwich said "All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well". Have a wonderful day. X Oh - and I love the drawing you did of the steep hill with the cyclists! So much can be gleaned from the illustration.
ReplyDeleteI remembered the illustration and it is perfect for today's stage, The illustration dates back many years to an uphill time trial once included in the Tour.
DeleteI have not lost my personal positivity but I have lost positive thoughts about the Labour Party under Andy Burnham.
I have had a lovely day Simone, thank you. The chimney sweep was a perfect gentleman and super good. xxx
It all seems to be going downhill rather fast. I am still cross that the Hero of the North will not be answering to Parliament until September. Louise Haigh will have her hands full managing No. 10, No.10 North and the Cabinet Office. I don't like Lucy Powell and Darren Jones should have been kept onside. Having said that, maybe they're all wonderful people outside politics . . .
ReplyDeleteOh yes to your final sentence, goes without saying, although I have reservations about Louise Haigh...
DeleteVery good Illustration. Like Simone says, just one sketch says so much
ReplyDeleteI knew at the back of my mind that I had done this one once upon a time and that it perfectly fitted today's stage. It was a popular drawing at the time.
Delete