Saturday, 4 July 2026

Stage 1 Le Tour

 Stage 1, the Team Time Trial is now over and for the sake of not missing the start of the race and recording the results I will do just that.    19.6 km.  The times are in minutes and seconds and the figure to the right is the gap.  I assume that Tour readers will know this anyway.   The GC is the General Classification which is the daily timings and how all the contestants are doing.  The top ten is the area to focus on throughout the race. 

I watched the highlights on Channel 5 and as we always say time trials do not make the best viewing.   I have been to Barcelona but I can honestly say I did not recognise anywhere today.  

This was a good start to the race for Jonas Vinnegaard and he takes the Yellow Jersey, psychologically and importantly,  for him and his team tonight. 

The GC tonight is

1. J Vinnegaard     21'47

2. F. Ganna            21'55            +8

3. T Pogacar           21.59          + 12

4. J Ajyuso              22'03         + 16

5. R. Evenepoel       22'06         +19

10. Paul Seixas       22'26          +39


So there we have the beginning in brief so we know where we are before they hit the road tomorrow for the first road race, Tarragona to Barcelona.  

4 comments:

  1. They all came in very close one after the other. Good roads! Are there any female riders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Male race only. The Tour De France Femmes starts on August 1st.

      Delete
  2. The Tour de France is a series of races within races. Always exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always exciting. And to follow one, or some, riders closely gives my enjoyment a special edge.

      Delete