Wednesday, 15 July 2026

Stage 11 Tour

 It's been a hot and lazy day here for me.  The booking of a new chimney sweep was the important action of the day.  My previous man has retired he informed me this week.   

I went out for the paper in the usual procedure for days when I am here as opposed to going out somewhere on the train and can buy a paper at the station. 

I called into one village shop where I used to purchase a paper and was told they haven't sold them for two years.   That was a surprise and I suppose a sign of the times that people do not read newspapers like they used to. I carried on to the nearest small town and purchased my paper in the supermarket. I didn't buy anything else.  

Stage 11 of the Tour today was the fastest stage in the tour history.   This was measured in speed which was 50.9 kph averaged by the stage winner Soren Waerenskjold   

It was a bunch sprint finish and came in a bit messy with an elbowing and a swinging around and the result was that Jasper Philipsen was banished from 3rd to 119th adjudged to have elbowed rival Girmay.  This was a bit of the old Cavendish gripe that riders used to have with him, elbowing and swaying you will recall. 

The ride was flat, and fast, and there is no change in the GC tonight so I won't type it out again. 

Tomorrow's stage is stage 12 and another flat stage, possibly more undulating than today's.  It is Circuit Nevers Magny-Cours to Chalon-Sur-Saone, 179 kms, which is a bit of a mouthful.  It is still in the Loire area and chateaux abound. 

This is last stage for the sprinters so more fast run in and hopefully less chaos.

 


This post is dedicated to Ann Widdecombe, straight talking, honest woman, and it is  dedicated to God who will always listen and when you are alone and you wish to share troubles and seek help he will always listen.  The power of prayer is the most powerful thing there is. 

3 comments:

  1. She wasn’t a fan of the gays but I liked her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of her best friends was gay. I wrote about their relationship yesterday.

      Delete