I have received 2 very scary emergency alerts. I was not expecting them. They were an hour apart. One was bad enough. Why 2?
They are British Government alerts about fire danger: Check your BBQ.
I thought a government alert was for warfare, bombs, shooters, attacks, missiles, stay indoors, don't move.
I see this as causing more fires from arsonists. Most fires are started deliberately all over the world. By arsonists. I repeat. Forest fires, heath fires, stack fires.
Our government is mad with not one iota of brain.
The arsonists are getting out the matches as I write. They are laughing.
I was in the other room when I heard my mobile going off. The people it was targeting know what they are doing or are too thick to read. Alerting us to the early prisoner releases or HMO's coming in our neighbourhoods, would have been more useful. How about: 'Emergency alert! This is your Queen speaking from the grave. Do not be alarmed. Help is on the way very soon. Charles is going to live in Dubai as he is no longer defender of the faith. William will be King of England. There is an historic law where royalty trumps parliament. Parliament will be dissolved. A general election will take place where only candidates with good will towards this country will be allowed to stand. If you do not align with Christian values you will be banished to a non Christian country. Fear not. Jesus loves you and will protect you.'
ReplyDeleteNice one Simone. I like the Queen speaking from the grave. Nice wishful thinking all round. xx
DeleteRe above comment. A bit nuts but I was writing out a stream of consciousness!
ReplyDeleteLet rip as much as you like Simone; those sorts of streams of consciousness are shared by many. Thank you. xx
Delete90% of wildfires here are deliberately set and of the rest most occur through negligence. That's horrifying. So many acres burnt, lives lost, homes destroyed. Every year there are ad campaigns warning everyone, detailing restrictions, yet still people light bbqs, use welding torches, throw cigarette ends. Many offenders have been caught and jailed but if you like fire or are paid enough to start one that is not going to stop you.
ReplyDeleteThe 112 alarm is a good idea though so far the alarms we've had have not affected us at all. They've just been for the general area which is very large. We take note and take precautions but haven't been alarmed by them. They're a good idea. Be on stand by
Most of our alerts are because of extreme weather, high winds, expected flooding. In case of fire there are several emergency numbers we can call to report and one is 112. It's the only one I remember. Short
Delete
DeleteIt is a known fact worldwide that fires that turn into major disasters in forests and spread to vast areas are nine times out of ten started deliberately. It has always been so. Arsonists will and do work against the people and emergency alerts like we had last night do not stop them. If people are stupid enough to have BBQs in dry, arid bush land then I doubt the alerts will stop them either, they probably blame somebody else. Our PM says he has never seen anything like this in Britain before. I don't know where he was in 2022 because over 20 houses went up in smoke in Norfolk alone that summer. Our government officials are basically thickos buried in left wing ideology that doesn't actually bear any relation to the real world and what goes on in everyday life until one day someone says "hey, take a look".and then they think they've discovered the wheel.
WARNING, WARNING, 1,250 young male illegal immigrants are coming to a village near you!!! That might be more to the point.
ReplyDeleteHorrible isn't here. Britain is ruined.
Delete