Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Holiday 2027 Fixed

On Monday I was feeling the best I have felt for some time.  I had nothing planned for the day and considered the cinema but decided against as there is still very little on at the moment that I want to see.  

I went out for my paper and to put petrol in the car - I missed the Sunday fill-up because I stayed in all day on Sunday - and to stock up on cat food when I had no other shopping to do.  Cat food is heavy to carry and I avoid getting it on the day I do my biggish shop.  I never really ever do a "big" shop but there are days when my food is more of a priority than that of the cats.  I generally stock up on tins of cat food when I meet C on a Saturday because that is a day when I go out for the coffee and cake and no shopping.  Anyway, if I have lost you here, no worries, it is only about me buying cat food.

Back to Monday, I also called in at the bakery for fresh rolls and apple turnovers.  I love a good, old fashioned bakery and I am lucky that there is one in my nearest town.   

I then called into the charity shop and bought three vest-type t-shirts from the 50p skep.  I have no idea why some things get put in there but it is a good source of very cheap, good items of clothing.  These three are as new and have never been worn. I put them straight in the washing machine when I got home along with some other bits and pieces waiting for a wash.  It was a lovely day on Monday and I knew they would all dry on the line before the end of the afternoon. 

Next I cut the grass and whizzed around on the ride-on, all done in an hour.

So you are getting the drift that I felt well on Monday. 

It is by now afternoon and I have just read the papers over a cheese roll and a cup of tea. 

Next I start thinking about the holiday I have been tossing around in my mind for some time now for next year.   You will recall that I have been considering a rail journey with a few destinations in mind one being a German tour and one being a trip to Southern Sweden.   

Last week I was in the church for a Creative East musical event and when browsing through the books in the church porch (donations for Church music fund) I found a tiny, old, tatty map of Copenhagen squashed under the books and lost in the depths of the book box.  That was my signal that the trip for next year is going to be Southern Sweden via Denmark.  I have done this in the past - felt that something is telling me what to do.  I put a donation in the box and picked up the map and put it in my inside pocket - very tiny folded map - and left it there, not forgotten, but there whilst  contemplating as the days went on.   

Monday - feeling well - I decided that it was going to be booked - the holiday.  So I went to the travel website and checked how to do this - do I need to ring somebody, email or what?   No, it just had a booking form calling me to Book Now and that is what I did.  I paid a deposit, received confirmation of everything and it's done.    I had read and made notes about the cancellation policy some time ago as now, at my age, I need to be aware of dates and timings and penalties of cancellation, just in case.  I also need to get some insurance in place because I have cancelled my annual insurance with the company who were aggressive with me on the phone when I was trying to be honest with them about not taking statins.  That is another story. 

The trip to Sweden is for two weeks in June next year, via Brussels, Cologne, Hamburg, Copenhagen across the bridges to Sweden.  It involves train from London, five hotels and lots of trains.   It is something to aim for now and to keep up the health and exercise regime.  The small print says there is no help with luggage so to travel with something you can carry yourself and get on and off trains.  Yep, I can do that and am used to it. 

 Today is Womens Institute, so out for the afternoon. 

By the way, Blogger is up to its tricks again and some blog lists are not up-dating again.  I noticed that on one blog roll that I am on - I know, don't tell me,  they are rare as hens teeth - my latest blog post is still showing as Ed Sheeran which I wrote and published five days ago. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Holiday 2027 Fixed

On Monday I was feeling the best I have felt for some time.  I had nothing planned for the day and considered the cinema but decided against...