Saturday, 5 September 2026

The Comment Situation


When I searched for information yesterday on the comment problem I discovered that Google had been up-grading some security settings (Google own Blogger) and they had unintentionally caused the comment glitch when their own system started attacking itself.  I compare it to an MRSA sort of situation where a bug attacks the human body from the inside.  So it was pretty likely that it would be quickly put right.  I wish the same could be said for the blog post blog-list up-dating which still lags behind actual publication at unpredictable levels and on unpredictable blogs. 


10 comments:

  1. I tried to comment a couple of times yesterday Rachel on your older posts. It kept coming up 'publishing' but the 'publishing' took for ever! I check in on you every day so I don't wait for a notification that you have posted. Glad the comments situation got sorted out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a blogger-wide problem and caused much consternation amongst many users. Personally I found it a nice break from the stalker that I have (male). I missed having a chat with you though. But as it was their problem I soon knew that they would be on to it and it wasn't going to last. So the peace was only 24 hours. xx

      Delete
    2. Strangely Blogger put that 'x' into spam and I had to release it. Clearly an isolated x doesn't pass the Blogger approval! xx

      Delete
  2. Ha ha! Noted for future comments. Enjoy your evening Rachel. Just had a Pukka Pie (minced beef and onion) and a bag of chips as a treat. Just got to find something to watch now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snap! I had a chicken and gravy pie with cauliflower and potatoes. I am watching the Wizard in the Kremlin, already seen it three times! But it is company in the background. It is free on Prime. xx

      Delete
  3. I wasted over two hours yesterday trying to fix the problem, which I thought was inside my laptop. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it quite a relief for 24 hours not to have to worry about comments.

      Delete
  4. I had been absent from blogging for two weeks whilst my visitors were here and when I then tried to comment I thought that I was being punished for being AWOL - (only joking).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A quick look around soon established it was a universal problem. The comments I read illustrated how differently people's approach to on-line research is!

      Delete

Dull? Never

 During the 1974 Wilson government (I think Wilson - I can't be bothered to look it up  - because it was a turbulent time with governmen...