I spent an enjoyable afternoon out with Creative Arts being entertained by Bowjangles, a fun quartet of classical musicians with a difference. It felt a great privilege to have them entertaining us for the afternoon in a packed village hall in the middle of nowhere. They said they were going even further down to the depths of North Suffolk later for an evening of entertainment on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Who would have thought such exciting things happen here. If you ever get the opportunity to see them I say yes, go for it, you won't be disappointed. They all met many years ago busking in Covent Garden and joined together and do everything from classical stuff to their versions of Led Zeppelin. All classically trained, three on violins and one on viola.
After, as a treat I had fish and chips for tea.
In the evening I watched the Beatrice 6 murder story from the US where 6 young people all confessed to a murder of an elderly lady which it appears they did not do but for some reason they all made false confessions. When after some 20 years in prison they were freed on DNA results and received much compensation. A very weird story.
Sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon! Fish and chips for tea a great way to finish off the day. You need more experiences like this Rachel. It is good for the soul! The Beatrice 6 murder story sounds very strange indeed! Have a great day in the September sunshine. x
ReplyDeleteThey were very entertaining and a professional quartet so we all felt very privileged that they had been booked for our afternoon. I am so glad it was well attended and appreciated. It made a very lively afternoon and it felt like we were in London or somewhere rather than out in the sticks. I saw several friends I haven't seen all summer so it was also like a reunion for me. We all agreed on how good it was. I felt very up-lifted at the end and the fish and chips rounded the day off nicely. The Beatrice (name of place in Nebraska) was indeed strange and very un-nerving. I have had a lovely day today, met my friend for coffee and cake and it is the best day of my week to see her. We have a very unique friendship. Thank you for always calling in here Simone. You are one in a million. Rachel xxx
DeleteYour entertainment by Bowjangles reminds me of an Agatha Christy story which was written around a travelling theatre group. But yours are musicians. A lovely way to spend a summer afternoon especially with fish n chips to follow
ReplyDeleteThey were a bit like court jesters but also well able to play some well known classics and sing opera for us. It was a great afternoon. (I have written another post about the blogger comment blip).
Delete