I attended a new group yesterday, the WI in a nearby town. It was suggested to me by a lady I met at the history of radio talk last month and so I went along. It was fun and a very large group of ladies. I have three goes at seeing if I like it before joining but I think I will join when the time comes. Yesterday was a bit different because they were celebrating the 89th birthday of the WI and were in party mode. I will see what it is like next time.
I am checking my blood pressure twice a day for the Indian doctor. It is a beastly chore because once I am up I am in thick layers of clothes and snug and warm and then to take the blood pressure I have to peel off the layers to expose my arm and then I am cold and uncomfortable.
The storm has done some damage here overnight and I can see I am shut in because a gate I have never touched has blown from its secure fastener and is now shutting me in at the corner of the house. I have nobody to ask for help as I am surrounded by the elderly and myself, also the elderly. I was going out but given the strength of the wind at the moment I think it best if I stay in and maybe have a look at the gate later.
Later in the morning I fixed the gate on a temporary basis. I think it is time to have it removed. A job for my man when the weather returns to normal.
No comments:
Post a Comment