Wednesday, 22 October 2025

It Matters When You Know Somebody Cares

 Went to the doctors again yesterday.  Met a lovely Indian doctor of mature years.  The previous day I also had a nice experience when the receptionist put me in for this appointment without having to go through the 8am phone call stress.  I didn't ask but she clearly could read that I was upset and she volunteered the appointment for me.  It worked out very well and I met a lovely Indian doctor.  He held my hand.  How often do you get a doctor in England who takes your hand?  I don't remember it ever happening.  He spoke so gently and he understood and I voluntarily without pressure spoke of my concerns.  He was everything that is missing from the doctors surgery these days, the human touch.  There was no clumsiness or fear of words that were spoken by me.  He put me at ease to be honest and he reassured me without any hint of judgment or patronisation in return. 

He said he had worked for the practice for 15 years but he is normally based in another surgery a few miles away and had come over for the week because they were short of doctors.  So I am unlikely to ever see him again but yesterday he worked wonders on my mental health which has been at a low ebb for a long time.   I slept well last night.



1 comment:

  1. How nice to find a quiet and sympathetic doctor. They are rare these days. I guess they are all hurried to see as many patients as possible. I see a Physicians Assistant as my primary care and like her very much. It helps so much when feeling ill and afraid to have a person you feel cares about you as a person.

    ReplyDelete