It is a lovely frosty morning with everywhere covered in white, roofs, lawns, gardens, everywhere As I foresaw a frost last night I turned the heating on when I got home for the first time this year and boy has it made a difference. I am sitting here this morning feeling warm and cozy - I certainly picked the right evening to turn it on.
The sky is a beautiful blue and white with the sun rising with glints of golden on the edges.
I am having another delivery of logs in a minute - I ordered a few days ago not because I urgently need it but because I don't want to get low and then it turns out to be Christmas and I don't know whether the wood yard will be working or over busy so I thought I would get it in now. I generally order more frequently in winter and used to panic when I was running low but I keep my stocks high now and am more organised than I used to be. I hope that makes sense.
I have an appointment with Hannah to do my hair at midday and will be heading off to the market town nearby for that and will call into a couple of charity shops beforehand to check over the jigsaws.
Yesterday I went to the university to meet two of my poet friends for lunch. It was lovely to see them and to go through how we are doing now and in recovery from the dissertation writing. Our lunch went through until mid afternoon, we had so much to talk about. We are all writing and sending off poems to magazines and journals.
It is a bit of a cliché but sunshine and being warm certainly does seem to lift the spirits.
ReplyDeleteWe only have oil heating here - no open fire or woodburner allowed - but thankfully the price has come down quite considerably this year so we have just been topped up. I shall leave the heating just ticking over on a low setting during our holiday so that the house doesn't freeze if there is a cold snap whilst we are away.
Yes, totally agree, the sunshine lifts the spirits. I think my spirits were also lifted yesterday when I saw my two friends, and again today seeing Hannah. I have loaned my poetry collection to Hannah today as she was such an influence and loyal supporter of my writing throughout my university course. If I go away in winter I also leave my house heating ticking over to stop the pipes freezing. My central heating is oil and I had a new boiler two years ago which is much more efficient than the previous boiler but I use it sparingly. Thank you for your loyal support here too JayCee.
DeleteI love long lunches
ReplyDeleteYes, me too.
DeleteSo happy to see you blogging again Rachel. x
ReplyDeleteThank you Simone. So lovely to see you here. I had a break away from blogging which was a useful pause for me. I am hoping that the way forward here will be a positive one. xx
DeleteA fresh start for blogging again. I have missed you. x
ReplyDeletexxx
Delete