Monday, 17 November 2025

Tuchel and England

 I do like to see the Tuchel England team as I said in the first post back here.  I like the way the team are playing and how he handles the British press with nothing more than a shrug and they aren't going to bother him because he is in charge.  It takes a strong foreigner to do that.  He seems to have the measure of Bellingham too.  

It is clear that England will struggle when they meet the stronger teams in world football though.  This World Cup qualifying group has been the second tier of European football.  It was obvious that as soon as even Serbia and Albania, the two most recent games, went up a gear that England smarted under pressure and the times were too long before they were able to overcome the pressure.  They will be mince meat to some.  Kane plays better under Tuchel and when it was thought under Southgate he was becoming a has-been he is now showing how much he is needed in the team.  Foden still comes on as a substitute which seems to be the most effective way he shines in an England shirt and Bellingham must heed his position and stop reading the press about himself that he is wonderful.  He has his moments for sure but he still has much to prove and he, like Foden, perhaps is best coming on later as a substitute to lift a game that is slipping away.  It is said the only player  in the squad who can control him is Jordan Henderson with his maturity of years and time in the game.  Bellingham needs to learn a bit of humility and maturity will come hopefully.  It is possible, it happens. Beckham grew up, Bellingham can too although I don't think Beckham ever had that arrogant stance that Bellingham has.  Oh well, what do I know, just a blogger talking claptrap eh?  


No comments:

Post a Comment