I am off to Norwich this morning because I have a regular eye test, the one I have every two years. I am having a new person to examine my eyes as my man I have had for the past 20 years is now in semi-retirement and only comes in 2 days per month. (It is his family business so he is available to cover holidays etc. but mostly he is retired). I am happy to have a different person and will be interested to see what she says about my cataracts and what their progression is this time round.
The day is overcast and dull and mild. This is forecast for the whole week and I am thinking of Joy coming to Norwich on Wednesday - it is unlikely she will see any sunshine but you never know, let's hope for Joy that the forecast is wrong and there will be a break in the weather for her visit.
I went to see my brother and his wife yesterday. We don't see each other every week now like we did during Covid when we kept each going with teas and biscuits sat outside in all weathers wrapped up in coats and hats or undercover in his cart shed if it was raining. One good thing that came out of that is that I am much happier sitting outside having a coffee or a meal than I ever was. In fact I used to be the one who always wanted to eat inside rather than at an outside table when out and about or on holiday. This has now been totally reversed and I will now always sit outside if given the option providing it is not raining.
I took them a jigsaw puzzle knowing that they have just finished the one they were doing. We swap puzzles and they pass on again to other family members. My brother and I used to do puzzles together when we were children, now he is doing them on the kitchen table with his wife, both of them nearly 80. He still cuts my grass for me and in fact turned up unexpectedly on Saturday morning which was a lovely surprise so I have seen plenty of him this weekend. Visits and people make such a difference to me.



No comments:
Post a Comment