Tuesday, 11 November 2025

Recap of yesterday

The optician yesterday commented on my cataracts and thinks I have two or three more years probably before I need to have them done.  She said she wants to see me annually now which makes sense.  I am on a monthly plan with the opticians because of my contact lenses and all check ups and lenses and eye tests are included in the plan.  I have six monthly contact lens check ups on my eyes.   I do, of course, have to pay for new glasses when needed but yesterday she said that I didn't need to change them as she was not changing my prescription from two years ago.  This was good news.

I didn't stay long in the city but did visit Primark but the queues were too long to buy my new knickers which I had planned to stock up on with a view to my holiday next year.  I am thinking well in advance of needs!  The shop was very busy and the three paying areas had enormous queues.  I said to the security guard that I would not be waiting and placed the knickers on the desk next to him.  He didn't seem bothered.  (I was by now on a different floor to lingerie for the  paying area so I couldn't take them to place them back on the shelf myself,  The shop appeared to have many assistants walking around chatting to each other but very few pay desks open which I thought was bad on the part of management. I didn't see any managers walking around but plenty of security guys.  Norwich Primark is incredibly busy and a huge store.  It makes one think that people only shop in Primark.  I am betting that John Lewis in comparison was pretty empty). 

I paid a visit to the bank, I was sitting outside it when having my coffee and you can see it in the photo yesterday.  I visit the bank on my visits to Norwich in order to take out some coinage and, of course, a bit of cash to keep me going. My local branch closed a year ago and now the three market towns around me which all once had a branch no longer have banks.   Getting pound coins for car parks is the main reason why I have to visit a bank although now that I am no longer at the university the need for the pound coins for parking has reduced but I still need coin for the odd tip here and there and still keep a small coin bag in the car for car parks.

All in all a rather boring post.  Sorry about that.  I had a nice day and no rushing around, I went by train to avoid the roadworks around Norwich, and was suitably relaxed all day. 

It is still dull and overcast but I will go out to the cinema later and see the Day-Lewises in Anemone, I think.   


Edit: 9.30 am the sun is now shining. I am so pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment