Tuesday, 4 November 2025

The day ahead

 My day starts with breakfast of porridge, linseed, a cup of tea, a glass of beetroot juice and a few gulps of Kefir.  While I eat my porridge I do Wordle, followed by Codeword, followed by something called More Wordle, then back to Codeword to test my memory of solving the puzzle.  That will make sense to those who do codewords.   All the puzzles are on-line. 

After that described above I then go out to the shed to fill the wood basket for the evening fire.  I do this religiously whether I have used all the wood the night before or not. If there is wood left I stack it in the fireplace and then go out and fill the basket again.  I do this each day.  Then if a day comes when it is such bad weather I cannot get outside then I can use the stack in the fireplace.  Also ill health may prevent me from going out.  The illness I have had for one month stopped me one morning from filling the woodbasket.   I have more blood tests next week.  I have finished the blood pressure chart.  I am feeling better and each day I count up how many days I have felt better.  I am now on day six of feeling better.  The illness lasted for almost 30 days.    It has been a frightening experience.  I have seen three doctors and met the lovely Indian doctor who held my hand.  It was a bonus to the issue of being ill.  He helped me although he did not name my illness.  He did not think it had a name.  

I am reading now of others who have had similar things wrong with them.  At the moment if you mention ill health people automatically jump to the conclusion of flu, covid or colds, in fact anything respiratory.  This illness is none of those things.   I was very scared.  The fear is subsiding as things very slowly return to normal.  I never gave up but that means very little in relation to how I was actually feeling mentally which was very scared.  I am grateful to the local surgery for helping me through this. 

It is a good day again today and the sun is shining in my face once more.  I have been outside to do my exercises.  The exercises come after the wood basket.  I sit outside if the weather is fine and if it is not then I do them in the garage.  I do not allow myself to do them in the house.  

Today I am going out to the cinema to see The Life of Chuck. A movie of depth and three parts in reverse I believe.   A novella by Stephen King.  I am looking forward to it.   I will pack my lunch, fill my drink bottle and move onwards to the train. 

3 comments:

  1. Dealing with an illness alone is the hardest thing , I understand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is horrible and very frightening. I owe a great deal to the Indian doctor who held my hand. He understood.

      Delete
    2. As Red said on Steve's blog, mysterious illnesses are stressful. I know they are stressful for everybody but when you carry that stress alone it certainly weighs heavy.

      Delete