And then The Beast in Me on Netflix. Another psychological thriller. I could only take one or one and half episodes per night before having to turn over to something else but I did not let this stop me from tuning in the next evening to see the gruesome bit I couldn't stomach the night before. It is very good.
I watched After the Hunt again, now streaming on Prime, and enjoyed it the second time more than I did the first time a few weeks back at the cinema. Starring Julia Roberts. Seeing a movie more than once is a definite yes yes; the second time you see things you didn't see the first time and so on. The soundtrack still irritated me but seemed less intrusive at home than it did in the cinema. Recommended.
Yesterday I spent the day alone. Nothing unusual in that for me. I haven't spoken to anybody since meeting my two poet friends on Monday. But I have been to the cinema twice so had contact with people there and I have had positive news re. my health so not a bad week. The two films I went to see were Nuremberg, as already reviewed a few days ago and in case it was not clear from my first review, I did enjoy it, and Christmas Karma which I went to on Friday and the least said about that the better. One of the worst Christmas films I have ever seen. (A modern day take on Charles Dickens' Christmas Carol, highly political. I kept expecting Starmer and Sadiq Khan to appear. Maybe they did, I left before the end. The songs are awful, the acting bad, and the Bollywood take did not work).
Thanks for the recommendations Rachel. Christmas Karma sounds awful! Are you sure it wasn't Christmas Starmer! You did say you expected him to appear! I could see him playing Scrooge or the Grinch. x
ReplyDeleteIf Khan and Starmer had appeared as the film stands they would have been portrayed as wonderful people and God's gift to London and Britain respectively.
DeleteOh dear! Well worth a miss then! Hope you have some sun there Rachel. We have a blue sky at the moment here. x
ReplyDeleteIt was bloody awful. Weather is better today, rain has stopped and sun has been shining. x
DeleteMe thinks I need to buy Netflix again
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a must I think.
Delete