Saturday, 6 December 2025

Footie news


 I just finished a Christmas jigsaw so photographed it for you.  I have others to do, some Christmassy and some not I think.  I have been collecting jigsaws for a few weeks as the charity shops tend to bring out a large selection around Christmas time.  

Norwich managed to be ahead twice in the Watford game and yet still lose in the end.  Sargent ended his personal goal drought and scored though.  But things are still looking grim for Norwich.  

Arsenal managed to lose as well (to Villa)  and Villa and Man City and Chelsea are snapping at their heels.   

England have a tough group in the World Cup with Croatia, Ghana and Panama.  The BBC may not have to bother to go to the Cup after the Group Stage and save themselves even more money.  The rest of us will find alternative channels to watch the games that we like, England or no England. Who wanted to watch them on the BBC anyway?  Not me for sure.   I note they are liking to get a dig in about Trump and never miss a trick.  Loosen up Beeb, stop being so stupidly fussy and convinced that everything and everybody is a leftie from dawn 'til dusk, day in day out,  relax we might like you more and buy a licence, not vegan bastards,  football or no football, curry sauce, human beings, chips,  mounjaro  takers whose feet won't work properly after a year on it, beware but it may wear off, which I call kilimanjaro, no fear surrounds some of us who dare not to be the leftie and own up to it, nor the woke, and not the vegetarian.  For tea tonight I will have a steak which will last me three meals cut into three strips, cauliflower and white sauce, gravy and beans, no baby brocolli, no baby whatevers, just vegetables with a proper name as they come from the field, a killer whale in the garden, a flag on the gate, a lump of wood on the fire, a petrol guzzler in the garage and a real live person in the house.  

6 comments:

  1. I like the jigsaw puzzle! Very colourful and traditional. Great writing Rachel! I think your tea sounds just fine with the steak, cauliflower and white sauce, gravy and beans. I fancy that myself! Enjoy your evening. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite a difficult jigsaw with so much snow! My tea was good but in the end it was without beans as there turned out to be none in the freezer so it was just the cauliflower. I added two yorkshire puddings and it was great. Today I have it cold and will make a sandwich. It is surprising how far one steak can stretch. Thanks for the comment. I think you will appreciate the freedom that a blog break gives now that you also have your You Tube Channel. It feels very different blogging now to how it used to be for me, so much pressure and now all gone. xxx

      Delete
  2. I would have enjoyed the Yorkshire puddings addition! I think you would be a great YouTuber Rachel. I find the YouTube community very friendly. Popular channels are people that just show their daily lives. I could see you pottering about the house, sitting with cats, writing poetry, touring Norwich, lighting the fire etc., You could just do YouTube Shorts - a video version of your Instagram content. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The attraction of blogging for me is that it is quick - I can do my posts in a matter of minutes. I am not sure about shorts and the mechanics of them, I will look into it. I like Instagram because I sometimes take a photo while I am out and about and publish it on the spot. Again, very quick and easy and a way of keeping in touch with some old friends, particularly some who have given up blogging and I used to know well.

      Delete
  3. Jigsaws take me back to the 1950s and the big wooden jigsaws in
    our junior school.
    Margaret Drabble's *The Pattern in the Carpet : A Personal History with
    Jigsaws* is a surprising read and available in paperback.
    Jack Haggerty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not aware of this book but will look it up. Beryl Bainbridge also referred to jigsaws and found them a source of solace in her life, if not a total waste of time, as I do. Order out of chaos she said.

      Delete