Monday, 22 December 2025

Monday

 It is a lovely day here and I will be going out to enjoy myself by taking a train ride to Norwich and then walk to the cinema to see The Housemaid.  I can't wait.  The trailer to this film is amazing.  Psychological thriller, dark comedy maybe.  I hope the film does not disappoint.    My hairdresser has recommended the book to me but suggested that as I have not already read it I should see the film first.   I have a feeling that after seeing the film I will not want to read the book.  I saw last week that the book has already entered the station bookstall in Smiths. 

The trains are running, the sky is blue and the sun is shining and the temperature is set to be 11C.  

I am going to leave it at that as I don't wish to fall into the habit of letting the blog take up too much of my time.

Bye for now and have a lovely day in your neck of the woods, enjoy the sunshine. 

2 comments:

  1. No sunshine here! After a very foggy, cold and grey Sunday, we're having a cold and grey Monday (although not as foggy). But it's my last working day for this year, and I am looking forward to tomorrow, which will be a quiet day to myself with Christmas preparations such as wrapping the presents.
    I'd not heard of the film (or book) The Housemaid; please let us know how you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoyed it in a funny kind of way. It is almost a trashy psychological drama, predictable plot development in some ways and then with twists you don't expect. It is a film to enjoy and almost to say a kind of girls night out kind of movie. It was scary (to me) but went from a very plausible beginning to becoming more unbelievable which disappointed me so then it was time to relax and enjoy it for what it was. There were twists in the plot that I still don't really understand this morning. The three leads of Sydney Sweeney, Amanda Seyfried and Brandon Sklenar carry it all along faultlessly. I won't be reading the book to find out any more about the plot. I will just leave it at that.

      Delete