Today is my school friend's birthday. She is 74 which means we are all 74, some have arrived already and some of us yet to arrive. There are many of us in a group who are still in touch and see each other often. 74 sounds old and it is time for us to embrace old age. Not a nice thing to have to do when we all feel so young still.
Yesterday I went out in the morning to buy a paper and some more tomato juice. The tomato juice is already working on the dry skin and I am much improved. As Dr Google said, one cup of tomato juice per day will give me almost all the Vitamin C I need. The rest will come from the food I eat.
It has been snowing this morning so I have treated myself to two extra hours on the heating switch button. It has been snowing for about an hour. My birthday friend who lives 31 miles north of me woke up to the snow so I guess the snow is moving down through the county towards Suffolk.
I have finished the Flowers in Amsterdam jigsaw and started another one, a New York Apartment. It is great and I have to hold back or it will be finished too quickly. It is a great jigsaw. Lots going on with different colour furniture etc. Always good for a jigsaw, different colours for strategy planning.
The cats have taken over my chair where I sit for breakfast and a lot of the day so I have moved over to another one, it is the easiest solution. If I continue to insist the chair is mine they will just drape themselves all over me and make things like Wordle and Codeword impossible on my laptop as they vie for space.
I have loved Run Away on Netflix. I watched it over two nights. I am a James Nesbitt fan. I recently re-watched the murdering Coleraine dentist The Secret, also James Nesbitt and on Netflix, which is great. I recommend both these if you are looking for good drama.
I am getting on well with the sitting-down-to-heel exercise with improvements in lowering myself down experienced after just a few days. The getting down to floor and up again without touching furniture is also improving and much more controlled now and I am beginning to achieve it with more finesse.
If you are a senior and need an easy entry into exercising without going to a gym and without the need for buying anything there are lots of exercises for the elderly on You Tube which are very good, can be done from the chair to start with moving onwards if you wish to and getting the legs moving, particularly good for the knees. I am glad that I have discovered them and that I do not need to join a gym.
The snow has now stopped and the sun is shining. Let us hope that that is the lot as far as snow goes.
I also have recently turned 74. It is a number I don't want to dwell on. I'm old, I know, I see it in the mirror. But I'm healthy. I hope I'll stay that way for more years yet. How many are left. That's what I don't want to contemplate.
ReplyDeleteI fell over the other day throwing out a bucket of ashes. I went forward with the bucket, luckily just into a bush. After getting my breath back I was very happy to be able to get up by myself.. I've seen those YouTube channels and watched the exercising. It's about time to actually start doing them.
Thanks Rachel for getting me here. For some reason I hadn't realised that My World was the name of your blog
I have set myself a few goals to reach by the time I go on holiday so I have an incentive. I can get up now, and get down on to the ground which strangely enough was harder than the getting up bit, unless there's a fall of course. I wondered if I should change the name of the blog but My World seems to fit the narrative. I'm glad you found me, I dropped a few hints!
DeleteWell, P is 74 and will be 75 on Monday. He is a lot fitter than me, but then he has always done far more exercise than I have. I must try harder now that I am nudging 70!
ReplyDeleteHe sounds fit with all that running. I think you are more of a walker than me so I have a bit of catching up to do.
DeleteThank you for visiting my blog. Sadly, it is much neglected these days but perhaps the new year will see more diligence on my part. I too am a James Nesbit fan and am part way through RuN Away ( no spoilers please). I also enjoyed Pluribus (Apple TV) recently - its from the creators of Breaking Bad. Something of interest to me is just how many excellent US created TV dramas there are. When I was young we regarded all American TV as pap. Perhaps that was because an underlying sense of our cultural superiority - and a widely held view that the BBC was the best there is and ever could be ... Perhaps there was some justification in that view back then (at least in relation to the BBC), but I don't think it would stand scrutiny now.
ReplyDeleteHi Mark, good to see another Nesbit fan. I grew up with Rawhide, 77 Sunset Strip, Mary Tyler Moore, Bilko, Laramie , The Man from UNCLE, etc. a good wallop of American tv and loved it. Then Dallas. My memory is a little different to yours perhaps. In deepest Norfolk we loved them all! The BBC hasn't existed for me for going on 10 years now.
DeleteThank you for the Netflix recommendations. I am currently watching "Loot" (on Apple), which I enjoy much more than I expected when I first started it. For all it's over-the-top, almost comic-like silliness, there are still some grains of food for thought, and a bit of suspense thrown in for good measure. Also, the length of episodes (30-45 minutes, rarely longer) suits me just fine; I can watch one and then go to bed and read, or two if I'm feeling frivolous, and still it's not too late to read a few pages before lights out.
ReplyDeleteI am so pleased to read that your exercises are paying off, and that you already notice a difference with your skin after only a short time of including tomato juice in your diet is amazing - I didn't know that and maybe should try it, too, as my skin is quite on the dry side, too.
What you wrote about the cats draping themselves over you if you insist that it is your chair made me smile and remember the many years (from the mid-1970s until 2013) that there were always cats in my family.
Hi, I have never been able to get signed into Apple TV although on my tv subscription package I should be able to. Apple make everything so darn difficult.
DeleteDr Google said that the daily cup of tomato juice could show results in a matter of days and this seems to be the case for me.
I wonder where my cats next move will be to! Their favourite spots seem to change on a regular basis.
Happy New Year Rachel ! My new name for blogger . Just found your new blog. 76 now and perhaps need your exercise regime. Mainly for getting up and down. Sheila
ReplyDeleteJust google 'getting up off the floor'. There's loads of videos.
DeleteBy the way, what was your old name for blogger?
DeleteMinigranny
DeleteAh, thanks Sheila. Welcome back! That explains the strange blog name - Crete! I was puzzled and wary! xx
DeleteHappy New Year!
Delete