Monday, 5 January 2026

An Everyday Story

 Give praise for the removal of Madura and the act of compassion to the people of Venezuela.  That is enough to say. Forget politics and think of happy people who have been saved. If you do not know of the suffering of Venezuelans under Madura then you need to do some learning, quick.   The reveal of Madura's allies in the US may never be known but no prizes for guessing, I have a few ideas. 

It has snowed here again in the night and I have a hair appointment in a minute.  I will have to brace myself and drive. 

Yesterday all of Saturday's snow had gone and I met my friend for coffee whose husband is in the hospice.  I see her as and when she contacts me for some respite of her own.   On the way home I received a call from oldest brother to say youngest brother had had a stroke and was in hospital. So I called into see oldest brother as I was very close to his house at the time of the call.   As it happened the ambulance passed me when I came away from coffee so little did I know that in there lay my brother.  He is ok and it was not a big stroke, just a small one.   I had a strange dream the other night which foretold this event so I was not surprised which sounds a bit blasé but life is strange in its ways. 

I came back, lit the fire and had tea.  I did my exercises outside in the dusk and then finished watching Click Bait on Netflix later.  I recommend this to you although it is maybe a trifle long.  I have watched it over three nights.  I did floor exercises whilst watching.



Edit 

Brother is having MRI scan today so not coming home yet. 

10 comments:

  1. Wishing your brother to get better soon Rachel. No snow here but it is bitterly cold. Went to bed with my dressing gown on. I hope that your drive to the hairdressers was ok. I started watching the James Nesbit drama on Netflix on your recommendation. I have seen 2 episodes and not quite sure where the different story lines come together yet. I am enjoying it. I will give Click Bait a go too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click Bait is full of even more twists and turns than Run Away.. It held me to the end but at times I thought it was a tad too long However, it is a good watch. It is cold here, -3 on drive to hairdressers. Roads skiddy as I do not have the generosity of council gritted roads as they don't do so many minor roads these days but I got there and back and had a good natter. I hope my brother will come home today. Thank you Simone. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear that your brother had a stroke. Of course I don't know his background (age, previous conditions etc.), but I hope he makes a full recovery and whatever - if any - lasting effects remain, they won't be limiting him too much in his usual activities.

    Doing floor exercises while watching something (lengthy) on TV is a good idea! I must admit I am usually just flopping on the settee, wrapped in my warm blanket, when watching TV.
    What little snow we've had so far has remained because of the cold; this morning was at -6C and on Wednesday, when I intend to go to the office for the first time this year, -8C are forecast. I just hope I won't have to stand around on windy platforms more than a minute; even five minutes feels too long when it's this cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has a history of heart problems but I think this is the first time I have heard the word stroke referred to. I hope he comes home today but we shall see. My niece is keeping me up to date. Thank you for your concern.

      I try to make my time useful by doing my exercises while the tv is on. Of course, I have not spent the day at work so I have no excuse to be flopping on the settee.

      Today is -3C which is fairly typical January weather for us in the east. We have -6C forecast. I am out on the train tomorrow and am hoping the air s not too sharp on the platform. xx

      Delete
  3. Snow and ice here this morning, which I hope will clear before P has to drive down to the airport this afternoon.
    I am sorry to hear about your brother and hope he makes a good recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow and ice seems to be across the country although I haven't looked at a weather map to see how the line goes. My brother generally takes the view with his heart problems that life has to continue as usual and the sooner the better. I hope he is right and he will still be cutting my grass come Spring. Thank you Jaycee. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope your brother recovers from the stroke and can come home as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is having some tests so is not allowed out yet. Thanks Linda.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your brother and hope he progresses well. I envy your snow and ice..I live in the hot end of the world, Australia, where we are having a hotter summer than usual…..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has had heart problems that date back a long way. I have no idea why. I always expect him to recover. I have fingers crossed.

      I like our seasons here and we are very much in a typical winter this year.

      Delete