Yesterday I went to see Crime 101. Life is back to normal. The schools have gone back.
I enjoyed it and what a contrast it was to Wuthering Heights the day before. Action. Barry Keoghan turned up in it. It was like a flash back to yesterday with Jacob Elordi and in my mind only 24 hours apart and in my small world like a coming together a million miles apart. For those who don't know, the connection between the two was Saltburn and the connection there was Emerald Fennell and the connection here was yesterday and two films in my life.
Chris Hemsworth was the Crime 101 thief man and the detective was Mark Ruffalo. A heist movie with a heart is how it has been described, yes, that works. LA backdrop, car chases, Barry Keoghan on a motorbike, Halle Berry getting what I got in finance work, "the champagne is on ice" and that's where it often stays for women.
The manager at the Odeon said she thought the film was being overlooked. It is the escape that Wuthering Heights won't give you.
I like Mark Ruffalo, but I'm not at all keen on car chases and so I guess that's another one I'll not be looking for :-)
ReplyDeleteYes, I also like Mark Ruffalo. It was definitely "an escape to the cinema" type of film. It was a sort of old fashioned action film.
DeleteI like ruffalo’s look…. Very much like my own …..I liked the movie, a mixture of The Thomas Crown Affair and Bullet …both films referenced by characters in the narrative
ReplyDeleteYes they were referenced.
Delete