Friday, 13 February 2026

Friday

 It's been quite a busy week for me and I am glad to be sitting down and home relaxing.  Today was the big car service which meant an early start.  I took it in for 8 am at a garage that was new to me because my former Citroen garage disappeared overnight and left me,  and many other Citroen customers,  high and dry.  I found a local dealer of another variety happy to service a Citroen and close to a railway station which meant I could leave the car and disappear off on the train as I had nobody to pick me up once the car was left at the garage.  I went on a 30 minute train journey and jumped off at a town with plenty of cafés,  took to two of them, newspapers and writing materials to hand.  Once it got to 1pm I decided to make my way back to the garage on the assumption that no news was good news and the car was probably ok and if I had to wait, so be it.  But it was ready, all done, lovely people and all prepared for the MOT soon.  

Now home is a nice place to be.  I have lit the fire and teatime approaches.  All I need now is my oil delivery but then I am a hardy soul and getting used to a cold house other than around the woodburner.  

Tonight it is four hours of the Men's Figure Skating final.  Lovely.  I can't wait for it to start. 6pm.


6 comments:

  1. Good to hear you have had a pleasant Friday 13th. Nothing unlucky there x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the unlucky Friday 13th hit some of the skaters last night!

      Delete
  2. Another thing off your mind. It's good to know you have reliable transport.
    A train to a town with cafes, a good way to spend the time waiting. That was good thinking . Glad your day turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased to have found a new garage that I like. It was important for me to be able to get somewhere under my own steam after leaving the car so I chose a garage near the trains.

      Delete
  3. It must have been such a relief to find out the garage, new to you, did a decent job and all worked well.
    Hope you enjoyed watching the skating. It sounds like a good evening to complete a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very exciting three hours of men's figure skating with major upsets.

      I was glad to get the car properly serviced and establish a relationship with a new garage for me.

      Delete