Wednesday, 4 March 2026

Back again


I sort of gave up blogging for a few days.  I read some things around and about,  mainly in comments, that upset me, and I didn't want to be part of blogging for a while.  When you blog everyday even missing a few days feels quite a big thing when in reality it was no more than 5 days of not posting.  In fact I did write posts each day but I never published them.  I felt better writing down how I felt even without posting.  That was enough to let me move forward each day.  

Today I feel better again, another step,  and the gap has done the trick and I can put it in the past and forget it.

It has been a good week weatherwise and today is another sunny day.  I went for massage and my Thai lady was good and she is noticing the difference in my muscles now so my five months of exercising is having results.  I am also noticing the difference myself on the receiving end of the deep tissue fingers of the masseuse.  I am no longer wincing and counting the seconds secretly in my head at the pressure on my quadriceps (quads) back and front leg nor shoulders pulled around and my arms taken above my head no longer causes discomfort.   

Today I am going to see a film, Sirat, and whatever it is like I don't care, all I want to see is Morocco and it is a Moroccan story, filmed mostly there.  That cheered me this morning to find a day time showing.  Hypnotic music I see is promised which should please me having been with my drummer friend Alal on my many Moroccan odysseys and taken to musical events with him.  I will report back on it. 





 

8 comments:

  1. Does the massage also help with relaxation, in terms of your mood? I often find that my stress levels soar when I am suffering pain so that I can no longer concentrate in order to deal with even simple problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thai massage is not a relaxation massage in itself but as soon as I shut the door on the outside world I relax.

      Delete
  2. I write an online diary and really let it out there. I can be as nasty as I like and I feel better whatever has happened. I keep my blog on a more even keel.
    Today K went to see a specialist, arthritis and rheumatism. She told me to have my hips x-rayed as I have a problem too. Interesting. That was without an examination. The last few days I've felt very stiff and have trouble keeping my back straight. I'm sure your masseuse would help me. I'm going to search for a different set of exercises. And have that x-ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I didn't publishd it was still good to write. I made some notes in my work book of writing ideas too which I use to build up for poems etc. Then I felt better.

      My Thai woman emphasises the need for targeted exercise as well as massage. For me with the deep tissue massage she started off three years ago very slowly. She knows my muscles and energy lines by now I think. She doesn't say much but I think the word is through her hands.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes , yearly….weekly ……you have to take a deep breath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes you just have to turn your back on it.

      Delete
  4. While I did of course notice that there were no new posts from you for a few days, I wasn't overly worried, merely thinking you'd be busy with other things and/or taking a break from blogging.
    Now I am glad to see you are back!

    It is good to read that you notice the effects of your exercise regime. After all, we only have that one body, and it is our very own responsibility to look after it if we want to keep going for as long as possible without needing assistance.
    We've been having uninterrupted sunshine for a while now, and it is speeding spring along, although nights are still close to frost with no protective layer of clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your first paragraph.

      It is good to see the results of 15 minutes exercise per day and the proof that it is does actually work. Of course adding together short exercising whilst waiting for the train and floor exercises whilst watching television increases the 15 minutes most days, the core exercises are still the 15 minute routine.

      Delete