Saturday, 18 April 2026

Fact

Firstly Viktor Orban was not a dictator.  He was democratically elected four times over 16 years.  He was a man who believed in Hungary, keeping it Hungarian, and was a euro-skeptic and a Ukraine skeptic who didn't believe that the EU should fund Ukraine in its war with Russia.  Nobody disappeared under Orban, nobody was tortured, murdered, never seen again.   There were no dark moments, it was all out in the open.  Some dictators for you:  Saddam Hussein - disappeared or killed under him - 1 million people.   Absolute power.   Idi Amin, disappeared 500,000 people.    Adolf Hitler,  millions.  Stalin, millions.  Whatever you think of Orban wanting to keep Hungary's borders closed and Hungary for Hungarians, he was not a dictator, tyrant or murderer,   I don't like to see him maligned by writers.  He did not fight the result or make claims of fixes or unfairness;  he accepted Magyar won.  They were friends and will remain so.  They share many beliefs so maybe the changes will be EU ways but nothing too dramatic in terms of border changes unless EU pressure succeeds.

Second,  Iran must not have nuclear weapons.  That is the intention of Trump  - to rid Iran of nuclear weapons.  Read fully for yourself and you will see. Do not be mislead by ignorant journalists with only political agendas.   This is a world problem and one that should be embraced by the world that Iran must not have nuclear weapons.  

The oil price is coming down again now that the Strait of Hormuz is open.  (After shopping I discovered that it closed while I was out.  Must be Starmer and Macron's fault but they will save us!  US Navy continues to guard.   Imagine working in shippping insurance.   It is a total nightmare.)

England still has Starmer as leader which is probably better than what we might get if he goes.  Be careful what you wish for and better the devil you know. 

After the Axel Rudakubana enquiry we will next have the Valdo Calocane enquiry which has not yet finished (he murdered three random innocent people in Nottingham and is in prison now and so dangerous the prison hardly knows how to deal with him) which follows all the other enquiries where we have murderers in our midst who nobody can touch because they were black and somebody might have been accused of racism if they said there was a problem and they needed special measures to protect people. Like in the Manchester Arena where the bomber didn't have his backpack searched when he came into the foyer late on because the security guard was scared if he did he was going to be accused of racism  because the man was black.  The enquiry found that too.  But enquiries are enquiries and nothing ever changes because I guess nobody ever reads them who has a loud voice.  Only quiet people read them who think they had better continue to shut up and not shout from the roof tops that Britain has to change and stop weaponising language. 

Will there follow a Primrose Hill enquiry one day into what happened when Finbar Sullivan was murdered?  Will there be another similar problem with a knife man?  Will there be more and more weaponising of language which renders all common sense mute and out of bounds?  Yes, I fear there will be because we are there already. 

Will there be a problem here because I have written this. (Hypothetical question. No answer required.)



6 comments:

  1. This post seems very important to me, Rachel, because I find myself reexamining my opinions and positions on a certain issue. (I can only speak about the part that concerns Hungary, I don't know much about the rest).
    As you do in many cases, you examine the issue from the side of facts, as opposed to the common way that so many people have opinions based on superficial information from the media.
    I also found myself thinking about Hungary in one way, and your post made me examine my position again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that many young people returned to Hungary to vote and they voted away from the right which is how the young are. I think they will learn different things now that Orban has gone but they will celebrate change after 16 years. Orban was not a bad person and he did not drive anybody out of Hungary. Young people left of their own free will to seek something they thought was better.

      I do not have a strong view but I will look with interest to see how the country changes with a change in power and a more EU closeness. I wrote this post because I saw many media sweeping statements talking of Orban describing him as a dictator and bad person which is wrong. Rachel

      Delete
  2. I appreciate your “voice in the wilderness” as it were. We have a commentator named Erick Erickson (who has largely filled the void left by the death of Rush Limbaugh) who says Magyar is actually more conservative than Orban and not more liberal as spun by the media. Also, Starmer and Marcon and NATO in general have disappointed many of us here with a lack of tangible support in the matter of Iran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that Magyar will continue many of the policies of Orban if he is not leaned on too heavily by the EU to change. As I said to Yael, I wanted to clarify that Orban was not a dictator.
      When speaking of the Hormuz, I was speaking tongue in cheek when saying that Starmer and Macron would save us. Starmer is weak and all words and no action and the words can change as quickly as the weather.
      Nato are are headache to all of us. Rachel

      Delete
  3. Trump's war seems to be fizzling-out. His major threats have been forgotten, and he is now concentrating on shipping. All he's done is destroy buildings and kill a few leaders. The problems with Iran have not been solved. 'Ceasefires' only help to re-arm in peace. The nuclear threat has not been addressed and they will be even more determined to go ahead. It's a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iran have been slowed down militarily. Apart from that I wouldn't know. From a media perspective minds are made up very quickly as they are they the experts. I don't follow them.

      Delete