After I got home I probably wrote something that someone didn't like so they stopped following me and clicked "unfollow" on their computer. Maybe I said give Trump a chance which is something that is guaranteed to drive away American bloggers, if indeed there are any in the vicinity, although I have found a lovely secret collection of American male bloggers who write real things about American life who do not blindly love Democrats and smooth talkers just for being smooth talkers irrespective of what they say - there is nothing annoys me more than people when talking of politicians say "he talks so lovely" or "his voice is so lovely to listen to" like they say of Polanski here when the man is a dangerous individual and a charlatan to boot or the Mayor of New York, the communist Mamdani who will take the properties of New Yorkers, tax the moneymakers who support the city, and refuse to walk with Israel - and have and had a good life in the liberty and commercial arena together with the military, or closer to home I may have said please back Starmer as better the devil you know.
Anyway, what I am saying is the person who unfollowed me put my number of followers down to 29. This number as a number annoys me so would someone please click follow so that it gets away from 29. I already follow myself so I can't do it. (I follow myself so I can see when the reading list up-dates. It is, incidentally, still all over the place).
Yesterday the fever had gone and I had some energy again and was able to go out in the car and fill up with petrol and get some cat food. I then got the ride-on out and cut the grass which was beginning to look like a meadow. Like the farmers around me, the hay has been cut.
I am over the worst of the Covid. It has been like an additional week's holiday being unable to go out, sleeping in the afternoons, and remaining in the cool of the house just doing nothing. I have quite enjoyed it. Once one starts to feel better the fear of never being well again immediately abates and enjoyment of the long days is enabled.
Have done.
ReplyDeleteI dont agree with every thing you say, but its the same for every one I know.
Every thing is growing really fast now, most of it is as tall as me.
How are you getting on with yout weed strimmerf ? can it cope with bigger weeds?
Kathy x
Thank you Kathy, that brings it away from no. 29. I hope lots and lots of followers come like once when John wanted to reach a 1000 one afternoon! I must dream on!
DeleteThe strimmer is wonderful and gets through everything I face it with, the strongest stems being big thistles so far. I need to strim round now but whilst I could sit on the ride-on yesterday I am not yet up to walking around strimming. Thanks again. Rachel xx
One should give ALL politicians a chance, but when they start spouting dangerous nonsense, it's time to speak out. Tru*p has made a mess of Iran, and we should all be honest about it. Otherwise I'm not so sure. He's not the brightest of people, and his knee-jerk policies are often illogical. But at the same time I think he's done OK. At least he wants to bolster the USA, whereas Starmer simply wants to dumb-down.
ReplyDeletePersonally I am not passing any judgment until it is all over and we know what effect it has had on the proxy network of Hezbollah etc. I would wait and see. To be one step ahead and thinking outside the box is something I would like to see with a streak of Trump in Britain but we do not see that. I would rather see the US ahead than China and Russia for instance when it comes to controls and borders. People judge too quickly on media led opinions and short cuts to history.
DeleteWhat will future historians make of world politics? Opinions change when new information is added, so nothing is ever set in stone.
ReplyDeleteNobody listens to anything philosophers or historians have said or say. If a living historian speaks out of kilter he is shut down and erased. Look at all the historians that have been erased by the BBC for starters.
DeleteI enjoyed this post. I understand irritating numbers and the satisfaction of ride-on mowing. Glad to see the number has changed.. I don't always agree with you, or understand your politics but I really enjoy reading your viewpoint. It often gives me the other side of the story which doesn't always come up on my news feed. Something to chew on
ReplyDeleteThere are a lot of things that go on that are worth thinking about it but very few people stop to think about them beyond what the media tell them. Thank you Linda.
DeleteIt doesn’t really matter ….does it x
ReplyDeleteThe numbers went up and left 29 behind. I like an even number.
Deletelol
DeleteI see you have now 32 followers. If I had not yet been one of them, I would have followed your appeal.
ReplyDeleteYour first day of feeling well enough to be out and about again sounds good, you got things done and that is so satisfying, isn‘t it!
As for politicians or anyone else on TV or radio, I am very sensitive to shrill or squeaky female voices and much prefer „darker“ sounding voices, male or female. But I am still able to discern when someone with a good voice talks cr*p, or puts out dangerous messages.
Yes, the followers have increased. It would be nice to see a huge number after nearly 20 years of blogging but for me that is never going to be because of the ratio of overseas to British blog followers, I certainly have very little overseas popularity and not much home popularity either. I always said when I came back I would use a male name but I couldn't bring myself to do it but for blogging such as mine it helps to be male. Women are not expected to be blunt and to the point, political and honest. Aries, Norfolk and a daughter of the soil account for that for me.
DeleteThings people say about politicians reflects what they want to hear regardless of what they actually hear. Content is miraculouslyy filtered out if it does not suit the listener and out comes drivel like "he has such a lovely voice". This was said so much about Obama by many idiots. It is the content that matters, not the voice or the smooth talking covering the lies.