Monday, 4 May 2026

Serious

 Reading list not totally resolved this morning, some up-dated some haven't.  I was expecting a comment from Cro on anti-semitism post but nothing.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that his reading list has not up-dated so he never saw the post although I did notice that a comment from him on the same subject elsewhere was removed by himself after publishing.  Perhaps he fears retaliation from readers of his joyful, tantalising blog.  Comment following is very interesting; as John frequently says the comments are often more interesting than the posts.  I join him in this. 

I notice that more and more bloggers are not responding to comments, merely publishing them and leaving them high and dry.  I like to respond to the comments, it is a conversation for a lonely person like me.  Believe me, I do get lonely without anyone to talk to much as I am a loner. 

It is another day on my own here.  Bank holiday in Britain, the May Day that has sort of been accepted although many of the self-employed still treat it as a working day around here although probably less so as the years go by and men retire who once objected to it.  Michael Foot in the Labour Government 1978 brought it into existence so we would be more like the Bolshviks he desired I assume. 

I was going to write about the Green Party and David Paulden, aka Zack Polanski, former Lib Dem, former actor, former life coach, but I'll leave that for another day, perhaps, if you would like me too.  But absorb it before Thursday please even if I don't write about it because those Jew hating Green Party canvassers in Norfolk saying the vilest things possible about Israel and October 7 are getting it from the top down, that's Zach Polanski whose mother no longer speaks to him. Green Party Britain means Islam Britain.  Matthew Parris is voting Labour for the first time in his life to keep the Greens out of Tower Hamlets.  He laments voting tactically but he says it is a must and if Matthew Parris says this, the man Weaver loved to read in her Times, then things are going seriously wrong in Britain. 

Of course if nobody comments I can always blame it on the Blogger reading lists.  


18 comments:

  1. Good Morning Rachel.
    Yes, please write about the green party etc.
    Yes today is a working day here also.Most days are.
    the voting is even more muddled here.
    I have been thinking about all the times we have had to deal with prejudice, More than I had remembered innitially. I think mainly I have never been able to understand them and have treated them as a joke ore merely argued. My son has corrected those of his friends on face book a number of times, but also thinks its all stupid.
    my cousin is married to a Muslim, I am going to raise the subject with him, also.
    Enjoy your bank holiday.
    Kathy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hate marches have got out of control for a few years and pussy footing around the antisemitism contained therein the chants and banners have been allowed to grow and show themselves without much of a challenge. It is a big problem that makes for fear amongst Jews and hiding away is not a way to live with Jewish schools locked and hidden and Jewish people thinking of leaving us. It is fueled by people like The Green Party at the moment. People think they are about footpaths and bike lanes and 20mph but they are a lot more dangerous to this country than that. Perhaps people are too busy going out to buy a tumble drier fast than to bother with anything else at present and who can blame them. An Englishman's home is his castle after all.

      Delete
  2. Actually, I did write something quite lengthy, but then deleted it. I do find that if one explains the truth about certain events, it enrages the antisemites even more. I have written my own views on the current wave of antisemitism, but I'm hesitant to post it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please may I refer you to my previous two posts? I see that Yael has addressed a reply to you where she addresses points that are also on my mind. Are you aware of the Green Party and the things Polanski is putting to his party members which amount to antisemitism?

      Delete
    2. I shall be writing about him tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Cro, If you, who are among the honest and brave ones here who are not afraid to express their opinions, you afraid to tell the truth, they have won. Blogland is a mirror image of the world, there are quite a few hidden and overt anti-Semites here, I know who they are, some of them also comment on your blog, and sometimes they burst into my blog and accuse me. Because of the lies they consume on the BBC and elsewhere.
    The truth about the Green Party also needs to be spoken out loud.
    These posts don't have many comments, because people are afraid, and this fear is proof of how dangerous this wave is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yael. You have said it as I would also say it. Rachel

      Delete
  4. In the past I have stopped reading and commenting on blogs where no response ever came back from the blogger. I don‘t understand why some allow comments in the first place when they never respond to them, and why they do not seek this dialogue with their readers, however brief it may be. To me, this direct communication with people from various countries and very different lives from my own is one of the main reasons why I enjoy blogging so much. I learn a lot from comments and broaden my horizon considerably, and most times I read the comments and replies that were published before mine, also in order that I don‘t ask a question that has already been answered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to understand when bloggers do not respond to comments although people will lean over backwards to say it doesn't matter one jot. So be it. If a question is asked in a comment it is frustrating when it does not receive a reply.

      Delete
  5. I’m always impressed by the quality of comments , they make my blog so much better x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two way comments and replies like the old days. And a bit of fun thrown in. The best.

      Delete
  6. I have 3 votes on Thursday. I know that they will have little impact. I fear either the Greens will get in or Labour will retain their seats. Silly people think the Green party is like the old Green party and not what it has turned into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Simone, there is nowt so strange as folk when it comes to voting. One can educate as much as you like and they will nod yes in agreement, and 5 minutes later go and vote for the candidate from hell for Britain who will shout Allahu Ackbar on victory and laugh in your face.

      Delete
    2. I will vote regardless and just hope people turn out to vote. I hope you are well Rachel. Your holiday is not so far away now. I hope that you have a lovely time and look forward to hearing about the trip. X

      Delete
    3. I hope they vote with good fore thought and intention for their local authority.

      Delete
    4. Yes. I am voting for what is best for the local area and opposing building on green belt, saying no to the 29 storey high flats the labour council are allowing to be built on the site of CineWorld, opposing the new town that will demolish the gardening centres, close the equestrian centre, build over golf courses and increase unemployment in the area. Labour and Sadiq Khan want to build all over our parks and green spaces. I could go on but I won't!

      Delete
    5. I noticed that a report on under-used golf courses which an architect studied during Covid and mapped when looking for something to do are also areas now being taken seriously as potential building sites. I think the green areas of recreation in London are going to rapidly disappear.
      I have posted again today but I don't think it is up-dating.

      Delete