Friday, 5 June 2026

Donetsk

 British Steel, BP and net zero and Ed Miliband and Britain have little appeal to the British people even though they had plenty to say at the time of July 2024 election and they were "going to teach the Tories a lesson".  Down and back in the woodwork they have returned.  Let us hope that the British people who intend to vote again in elections are listening.  Thanks to Cro and Simone for comments yesterday and to Ilona who emailed me. 

Zack Polanski calls to have IDF serving soldiers from Britain kept under investigation for war crimes. He calls upon our Home Secretary to make a list and track them.   This is a terrifying thought of a list of Jewish people existing to keep track of them because they are Jews who once were living in Britain and went to Israel to join the IDF.    This is your Zack Polanski of the Green Party.  Like my first paragraph points out about British Steel, BP and Ed Miliband  I expect you are not interested. 

The brown eggs/white eggs hens is a story to sum up Britain at the moment.  Everyday is an April Fools Day.

We are also to eat less meat and less dairy which is a decree coming out from the Energy Net Zero minister.  This is too madness but true.   I am believing wholeheartedly that if we are to have our eating dictated by the Minister then he also needs to address the health of the nation and to give serious attention to supplements in vitamins and minerals  which will be needed as the population falls more and more into bad health caused by malnutrition which will follow his calls for the nation to change its diet.  This is serious and education on nutrition needs to be given in schools and a return to cookery and home economics.

Meat in the form of beef and lamb has been difficult to put on a regular menu for some while, since many many moons before the Iran invasion, do not forget that, many have been complaining on blogs about the cost of food for several years since fertiliser was on short supply from Russia when before the Ukraine invasion they reduced the exports to Britain in order to protect their own farmers.  In Britain meanwhile the fertiliser plants closed down.  Fertiliser is needed to grow all the crops in Britain and the world.  In Britain the prices have doubled and doubled again.   Before you blame Iran and the US think back and knock your memory out of hibernation.   

If Zelensky wanted to he could end the war with Russia instead of making it worse by sending rockets to St Petersburg. He is being attacked by Russia, not him attacking Russia.  He is defending.  Zelensky recently attacked a position of Russian civilians.  Is he mad?   Who is this man who goes about raising money for weapons that prolong the suffering of the Ukraine people?   US, European Union, Britain and 47 other countries pay for his weapons. I would stop funding Ukraine's weapons.    Zelensky needs to step off his penis playing piano and get real that he is not a leader who knows what he is doing.   He has become a dictator in a country at war where there has not been an election since 2019.  Give over the Russian Donbas of which Russia already controls 90% and the eastern Ukraine people are Russian and like it and be done with it.   Somebody please advise Zelensky on how to end the war.  I hope there is a man who can do this like Terry Waite.  In those days in the 1980s we didn't know what a jihadi was did we when Waite was also captured.  How social media has let us all into the world of news we would probably rather not know.  

And meanwhile in Britain do not forget, accusations of racism trump everything else. 


Dead end no gamer plays

no worker out of bed

let it be the most of thunder

left to those on the summer trail

6 comments:

  1. Hello Rachel, you are always well informed but I am not sure how much you know about my home country. Your mention of "having our eating dictated by the Minister" reminded me of more than ten years ago, when the Green Party in Germany announced they would decree a mandatory "Veggie Day" in canteens if they were to be part of the government.
    Needless to say, it caused an uproar and to this day has never come about. Even the party members themselves voted against the idea in the end, and the documented turning down of it says (more or less roughly translated by me) "We couldn't care less if a person eats meat on a Thursday or not" (Thursday was to be the proposed Veggie Day).
    I agree 100 % with what you say about children needing to be educated about nutrition and cooking. The same, I would say, goes for exercise - not that every child needs to become a super athlete, but to make them understand early on how important it is to keep reasonably fit and healthy. Our population is growing older and older, needing more and more care (a HUGE issue in Germany right now), and if the general public were more educated about managing their own health sensibly and not crying for "the state" to fix everything they've done wrong in their lives, it would help a lot.
    There will of course always those who won't take responsibility for their own lives (and not even for their children), but the majority of people actually want to live self-determined, I believe.
    You are such a good example for how to take good care of oneself, and making your own decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one page view and one comment. That is so good Meike, and I thank you.

      I do believe that the health of the nation may be deteriorating with the lack of food preparation in the home and that education is needed. I read recently that in Britain only a third of cabbages are eaten compared to 40 years ago. This is of course but one example and no doubt will be ridiculed by many but it is significant to health in such a simple manner.

      You flatter me in your final sentence in that I neglected areas of my health a few years back which gave me a jolt to wake up and address the problems which is an on-going situation.

      In this country we have a drive for increased welfare going on which I do not believe encourages people to take responsibility for themselves.

      Delete
  2. With regards to food a lot on offer is nutritionally poor. Almost all ready meals are full of 'extras'. I just want to be able to buy unadulterated, meat, fish, eggs, butter, fruit and veg. All our local butchers that sell organic meat have gone, the last traditional one closing recently with a Halal one opening up. Halal butchers are thriving. In Sainsbury's local the minced beef is the consistancy of pate or cat food. It comes vacuum sealed and stays in one lump when you try to cook it. They said the packaging was to save the environment. However, this week they have the Halal option next to the ugly squashed packet. The Halal version looks like normal ground beef in the old style plastic container. It is true that we are gradually having our ways of life eroded. I see evidence of it every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simone. I see bad things in all supermarkets, plastic packs across the counters. We still have a butchers here in town where I shop and they make their own sausages and bacon. Every household when I was growing up had the mincer attached to the table and mothers would mince their own meat, the cut you chose in the butchers. The taste was of proper meat, not the kind of meat you have to disguise with tins of tomatoes and herbs. Ready meals are the result of the microwave I assume; maybe the microwave is the devils curse and root of all evil. I don't have one.

      Halal meat and the rise of its availability is a mystery to slaughter as we know it and slaughter regulations. I don't understand but as we know we are a Muslim country and not a Christian country now so our supermarkets respond and our rules of slaughter must have been changed.

      Delete
    2. Did you write the poem at the end Rachel? I've been reading it aloud. I love its rhythm. I don't have a microwave. I got rid of it back in the 1990's. I do however have an old fashioned mincer somewhere. I should maybe dig it out of hiding, buy a lump of meat and mince it myself. I don't understand how we keep being told that the Muslim religion are just a small proportion of the UK yet everything seems to be geared towards what they want. We are being gaslit big time. It's not raining today so it looks a bit more cheerful outside. Hope you are well Rachel. Are you feeling a bit flat after your holiday? x

      Delete
    3. Yes, I wrote the poem the other day. Thank you for giving some feedback on it. I am uplifted after my holiday and feel very good and a different person since coming back. I am very happy.

      Britain is not the country we grew up in as Cro mentioned the other day. With Labour we become second class citizens in our own country and move towards the GDR model of employees of the state.

      The weather here is atrocious. I am waiting for some daylight in order to go out. The sky has been dark all morning with storm clouds hovering just overhead.

      Delete