Get rid of Ed Miliband and his net zero carbon taxes if the British Government's saving of British Steel is to work. It is admirable that the government is going to take back British Steel in Scunthorpe to state ownership. Chinese owners said it is losing a million pounds a day and not viable. It is like a tug of war in the government office because at one end of the rope we have a government out to save the jobs of 2700 men and at the other end of the rope pulling against them we have Ed Miliband, also part of the government but operating from a different planet, with another carbon tax on steel rendering any steel made in Britain the most expensive virgin steel in the world. So put your house in order Starmer and get that carbon tax revoked and the new tax stopped if this mighty step to nationalise British Steel is not to put egg on your faces in a couple of years time. Is Ed Miliband blind as well as stupid as well as thick as well as an idiot and or are all of you in the Caninet the same?
Could he think to help British industry, the British public and Britain in the world by holding his hand up and saying he is going to make a big U turn and stop these carbon taxes. Carbon taxes are not returned to us in the home to help with electricity prices either. So where do they go?
I could do with some help in the home with electricity charges and the country could do with some sensible approach to oil production, gas production and self-sufficiency in the land of milk and honey. BP are threatening to leave the North Sea altogether. I saw them in the Caspian Sea where they are welcome to drill oil. The old man in the Caucasus was glad of BP to employ his son. Here the government decide to tax them some more and take no interest in the fact that in so doing the tax will drive them out of the North Sea. Such is Miliband's hold on us that we are to be the land that grinds to a halt and he doesn't care.
As I have said before, Britain is on the way out. Along the way so are you and you and you. Unless that is you want to stay in bed all day, claim a mental illness, claim unemployment benefit, claim welfare, claim a pension credit, claim a rent rebate, claim an asylum status and throw your Passport in the rubbish, burn it or throw it in the sea, and, as the government tells you with glee, you may be entitled to multiple benefits and they will find them from somewhere and if BP has gone away then the others that are left in a dwindling suppy of wealth will pay. As the government squeeze more and more out of British industry then so British industry will disappear.
I wish you was an MP Rachel. You talk so much sense. I think I have said it before to you but I think this government has actually caused me a degree of mental illness. I feel that what I stand for is being eroded. I have never felt so much rage when I see Keir Starmer's face or hear his voice or any of the labour party. I am sure they are part robot part left over experimentation of human cells. They are certainly not like anyone I know. I agree with what you have written above. Did you hear about Sainsbury's today? They are going to sell white eggs and get rid of brown because the hens that lay white eggs have reduced carbon emissions (in the race to reach net zero). I can't cope with much more.
ReplyDeleteI saw something of a headline about brown eggs. I know nobody who can put together any cohesive argument for Labour but those dyed in the wool Labour voters continue to support them with heads in the sand and muttering into their throats incomprensible excuses and lies about whose fault it is. Never theirs of course.
DeleteJust came back to say that no matter how much this government try to break us down I can come back again with renewed purpose! It is pouring with rain today but I feel quite positive inside. I do believe that good will overcome evil. Wishing you a good day Rachel. I just wish I had some lovely cats to share mine with. x
DeleteSadly, your final para says it all. I have a feeling that government thinks that our time is up, and it's now up to the rest of the world to become prosperous in our stead. The UK has had its day.
ReplyDeleteWhether they think our time is up or not they are making it so with idiotic taxes and new rules and regulations. Sooner or later there is also going to be a shortage of rental accommodation given the exodus of landlords following the new tenancy law. Just another thing piling on top of all the rest. NI killing small and large businesses, taxes driving out the wealthy, minimum wage hikes, 990,000 unemployed youth. These government ministers have never run a business and have no idea of life in the world of employment, manufacturing, trades, monthly accounts, quarterly accounts (now demanded of the small businessman), VAT returns, PAYE, half yearly taxes and the real world. They just see civil service pensions, teachers pensions, state employees and think it will all get paid for by the rest of us while we struggle along driving old cars and clutching blankets around us.
Delete