Knife crime at school gate involving the murder of a white schoolboy by a boy named Mohammed Khan who went armed with a hunting knife. Sheffield. Sentenced eight months ago to life in prison with a minimum of 15 years.
Travellers sites. It did not escape my attention over the recent bank holiday that the field in East Sussex bought by travellers and widely reported as ruining an entire village was funded by a drug dealing traveller turned property developer from East Yorkshire who coughed up £200,000 from his pocket to pay for the field. It escapes the attention of many people that the main trading commodity for travellers is now drugs and not pegs.
Drug crimes. Further major drug crimes and trials and sentencing have been reported in Leeds this week and drug rings throughout the North Riding.
Barnsley had a knife point robbery of a shop-keeper; many knives seized and arrests made throughout the city during May.
Asian taxi drivers in organised gangs sexually assaulted , drugged and raped young girls across Yorkshire and these crimes were the subject of a cover up by local authorities for many many years who did not want to appear to be racist so the girls in the children's homes were sacrificed and all information was ignored and not acted upon. LAC children as we who have worked in local authorities know, Looked After Children. Sadly Yorkshire, particularly South Yorkshire, failed their LAC children and brought shame toYorkshire and its Labour run local authorities who were found responsible in their failure to protect these children.
Fights, street crimes, phone snatching, shop lifting, kidnapping, drive by shootings (one happened in Sheffield only a few days ago where an innocent mother out at 2.45 am was shot dead the unintended victim of a drive-by shooting while she enjoyed a beverage before going home to the children, albeit very late to be out but she didn't ask to be shot) all happen in Yorkshire.
Many may see Yorkshire as a place of quiet hills and dales where nothing ever happens like it does in the rest of the country but please be educated here and see that it does happen just like everywhere else in Britain and in some instances, far worse.
Edited on 11 June 2026 at 4.30pm
A shop worker in Sheffield, Yorkshire, has been jailed for grooming and molesting young girls. He admited to drugging and raping young girls from as young as 12. They were taken to rooms in Sheffield and the abuse took place. Bawan Harwe has been jailed for 29 years. His accomplice named Sharam Muhamadi who is from Iran failed to appear in court and is now sought by the police. He was an asylum seeker in 2021. These men come from a different cultural background where women are made to cook and stay in the background and only go out with brothers or family chaperone. They were unaware that unaccompanied girls were also sacred to the British family and they thought they could exploit them. This is Yorkshire today.
This has been the most popular post I have written to date. I am pleased that it has been of service in the way it was meant particularly to overseas readers, who have been many, and who may have had a distorted view of Britain. (It could also be the meddlesome troll returning again and again to see if he can stir up any trouble for me). Many people live in a bubble I suppose, not reading local newspapers, not admitting reality, not wishing to paint an ugly picture of Britain. The ugly fact is that crime is all over the place whether it be London, Yorkshire, Norfolk, Devon, Belfast, Hampshire or wherever. Everyday crime happens and when phones are snatched in London it is not long before phones are snatched in Norwich and beyond. To see what local crime is going around it helps to read your local paper. The NFU publish regular statistics on rural crime also, which is rife in agricultural communities.
Further edit 14 June 2026
Have you forgotten the Religious Studies teacher from Batley? I had forgotten that he received death threats for speaking of blasphemy and religion to his class one day. He spoke of Jesus Christ and Mohammed and showed illustrations and spoke of how it is considered blasphemy to show a cartoon of Mohammed. He then made a mistake of illustrating his lesson with cartoons. Parents were informed by their children one assumes and soon from the Muslim community the teacher was receiving death threats, and the school was blocked by Muslim protesters at the school gates saying that the Religious Studies teacher had insulted their religion. A little out of context they took his words there but still it had to be the teacher who was suspended and later lost his job and went into hiding with his family. 5 years later he is still in hiding. This is Batley news, West Yorkshire, in the old woollen towns of traditional England, now taken over by Muslim culture. Freedom of speech once again under threat and this time at its extreme. My memories of religious studies is nuns teaching the bible and if ever there was a class that was mild it was the study of religion. I cannot imagine an aggressive religious studies teacher and I have a feeling that the Batley teacher was no exception to this memory of mine.
5 July
3 men from Rotherham have been arrested in connection with the drive-by shooting reported here, paragraph 6.
11 July
A 28 year old white male suspect in the murder of Ann Widdecombe has been arrested in South Yorkshire. The man was arrested in Rotherham from where he had driven a few days before to Devon to murder Miss Widdecombe. The police confirm they are not looking for anyone else. To have driven 275 miles to her lonely bungalow dwelling on Dartmoor and then back to Rotherham makes this now unlikely to have been a random killing. It is positively sounding politically motivated. The silence from Yorkshire about this dreadful murder is deafening.
2 Yorkshire based Romanians were arrested, charged and sentenced for ATM crimes in Nottinghamshire and Yorkshire where they stole £25,000 from various cash machines throughout the counties. They fixed a secret shelf in the ATMs so that when the machine was supposed to spew out your cash it went to a "shelf" and never reached you. The brothers would later go back and retrieve the cash for themselves. The customer would walk away from the machine assuming there was a fault. They would get their card back in the usual way. One of the thieves lived in Barnsley and one in Selby. Two women had charges withdrawn which I assume to be the wives/girlfriends of the brothers. The two men were sent to prison in Britain on fairly short sentences and will no doubt be out in about a year and the sentences will be but a minor inconvenience. They will be back on the streets on Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire with another ATM scam.
In every community, large or small, there are people whose primary interest is self, who will make their livelihood with no regard for ethics, morals, the health and safety of others. It has always been thus, and always will.
ReplyDeleteAnd there are many liars and delusional people.
DeleteDid you know that June is Gypsy, Roma and Traveller month Rachel? Tweet by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan this week:
ReplyDelete'This month marks Gypsy, Roma and Traveller History Month.
Despite facing discrimination in many areas of life, our Gypsy, Roma, and Traveller communities have long contributed to life in our capital and today we celebrate that rich legacy.' He doesn't actually say what the rich legacy is. My Nan used to be terrified by travellers who would threaten to put a curse on her if she didn't buy their 'lucky' heather. Only this week I heard about travellers who tarmacked over a field to (live) park on. With regards to Yorkshire, I bet that it is like that throughout the UK now but we are not supposed to say or notice anything. I will remember the 'drugs not pegs' Rachel. I bet you could write a great poem about it! x
With regard to your sentence about the field and the travellers and the tarmac, it is to that which I refer and the drug dealer cum traveller who coughed up the £200,000 to buy the field.
DeleteWith regard to your Mayor, I am sure many are asking the same question because the long legacy of the fruit pickers and the hop pickers has been swallowed up by Tower Hamlets, Brick Lane and other ethnic majorities in London.
Thanks Simone, I am sure I could write many poems like I did last summer, there are so many topics to choose from! xx
Straight as I wrote this I realised that I was referring to the field that you were Rachel! You just reminded me of hop pickers. My family used to go hop picking in Kent (long before I was born!) I would love to read more poems from you! x
ReplyDeleteI can always write a poem for an occasion, like the Poet Laureate is supposed to do but I rarely see anything from him although I like him as a poet, or at least I used to. Thanks Simone. x
DeleteDidn't know who the Poet Laureate was so looked him up. Simon Armitage? Just found one of his poems' You're Beautiful' and really enjoyed reading it. You write just as well Rachel. He's only got until 2029. You could be the next one! x
DeleteYou say such lovely things Simone! I like Simon Armitage and he is from Yorkshire so apt for today. xx
Deletehi Rachel
ReplyDeleteWhen we had a shop in Somerset, during the warmer months we had quite a large Gypsy and traveller influx, they used to go round all the shops frequently. It didnt trouble me, but many people were frightened of them. travelers are not Gypsies. True Gypsies are Romanies (so they told us) The Romanies used to visit us and buy things that they could make into something, so they could then sell it. One time, one of the group wanted to tell our fortune in stead of paying. The romanies said not to take notice of them as they were only Tinkers not Romanies (which I beliebe are Irish)
So you have Romanies, tinkers and travellers. they are all loosely grouped as gypsies.
We never found the true Romanies a problem, but the others were at times. We also used to get travelling men turn up at the door and we would invite them in and give them a meal, I dont know if they were.
Romanies or not.
I remember as a child that the Romanies came round every summer also.Even then some people feared them. Yes they have their own legacy.
Kathy xx
When I was in Moldova we were taken to the Roma town which has some 250,000 Roma Gypsies. Oh boy, yes they have their own legacy, houses like castles. I felt uneasy in the town. I saw a documentary very recently of the Romany gypsies sent out of Romania , 1000s of them, and I imagine that they are the origins of the ones in Moldova. One large BMW parked outside a mansion had a Norfolk registration. That made my hair stand on end. True gypsies or not, they are the Wraggle Taggle Gypsies O. Pegs are not the thing nor crafts nor fortune telling.
DeleteFunny you mention Sheffield , it is a city surrounded by 8 hills and each section has a personality quite separate to the other
ReplyDeleteOne of the people in my tour group was from S8. He told me the same thing.
DeleteJust read your edited update Rachel. If people want to come here and assimilate they need to know what British values are first. It seems the men you talk of above were ignorant of our way of life. Even when I was at school in the late '70's, white girls were seen as fair game by some of the conversations I had.
ReplyDeleteThese men bring their culture to us and abuse our girls who are born into our free culture where respect is taken as read without the need for chaperones. These cases are still going on today and it is shameful. I am reminded of New Year's Eve in Cologne 2016 where Muslim men assaulted women across the city and nothing was done about it.
DeleteRachel, I remember Cologne 2015/16 so well (not personally, thank God!!). It was unbelievable - not "just" what actually happened, but even worse how it was all handled by the police, media and politicians.
DeleteCologne's then Lord Mayor (or do you say Lady Mayor when it's a women?) Henriette Reker made herself a laughing stock when she publicly advised women and girls to keep strangers "at arm's length" - good luck with that, when you're gang-pressed from all sides!! Strangely enough, she remained in office until October of last year, while Cologne's Police Chief was forced to resign over the events.
And guess what - the perpetrators were mostly boys and young men between 15 and 35 years of age, the majority from North African countries and a smaller group from Irak and Syria. About 70 % had arrived in Germany less than a year ago, many had no legal status yet, their asylum-seeking process still pending.
It was a huge scandal and lead to heated public debate all over Germany. I was just glad that I never was interested in celebrating New Year's Eve among drunken crowds in a public space and besides I was way too old to be in the target group of girls and young women between 15 and 24.
The Cologne New Year's Eve scandal of the sexual assaults will not be forgotten around the world. I am pleased you have felt able to speak up about it today as so many people go into denial about what goes on in the world, especially their own country. In England we still have this kind of assault going on as illustrated by my observations of the recent trial in Yorkshire and I believe I read the other day that it is still a major crime involving migrants and local populations throughout Europe. Thank you for following this topic Meike.
Delete