No upsets in the football last night as France gave Sweden a masterclass, Mbappé scored two more and France won 3-0.
In the other game I watched earlier Sweden beat Ivory Coast 1-2 and Haaland gave a masterclass in keeping your position and being where you are expected to be in team play. What a great player he is. His father was watching and a very proud man he must be.
Mbappé is level with Messi on 6 goals in the Golden Boot award but is number 1 because he has 2 assists and Messi has 0 assists.
I remember me and Dave writing about Mbappé in the Russian World Cup in 2018 and spotting him as a player to watch. He was at the time 18 years old.
I hope Dave is enjoying the World Cup over there in Ireland and will one day write again. I hope he is in good fettle and being looked after by his boys at this sad time of his life and will come through to see some good in the world around him.
The other game last night saw Ecuador go out to Mexico who advanced to the last 16. It looks from reports like Mexico easily saw off Ecuador with a strong defence and Mexico have not had such a good World Cup run for decades.
Later today I have to take my car to have the top centre braking light fixed and will be in Diss for this. I will return for the 5pm kick off of the Engand game England v DR Congo in Atlanta.
A reader in Australia emailed me today to say she reads the blog and enjoys my writing. That is nice to know and all support for me here is invaluable to keeping me going. It can be a lonely life on the blog as well as in the home. I have emailed a reply to the lady called Jennifer and thanked her personally.
As Jennifer said it takes a nerve to write a blog each day and to talk openly to people. Yes, it does. I was once talking to a features writer of a newspaper and I said about the pretty nasty comments she received on line and she said the first rule she learned was not to read them so she didn't. And I don't.
As for Cro, he is now enjoying a blog break.
I think about Dave and hope he's finding the strength to carry on. He lost his life's companion so suddenly.
ReplyDeleteAnd Cro. What on earth has happened that has stopped him posting every day
Many blogs have disappeared. It's difficult blogging year after year especially when it's daily . They become part of life. I went back to my list of blogs I followed. About half have just dried up. How are they today? Where are they?
It's lovely of Jennifer to reach out like that. These people give you the push to carry on, know you're being heard and appreciated.
England's playing at 7 here. Perfect time
I hope Dave has been able to find himself and get some solace and hope with the help of his faith. I think of him often and, of course, with the football too. I think Cro had an enforced break in connection with the extreme weather/storms in France and has just extended it a bit.
DeleteI don't think I want to go down that path of where have some of the people gone. I don't begin to understand the reasoning.
I like some support from day to day that's all and it makes writing a bit more worthwhile.
England's kick off is much more civililsed today.
Knowing you're not writing in a vacuum is helpful, though unpleasant comments are not. It took a long time for my blog to get going, but I needed to write. Not earth-shattering stuff, but a way of keeping sane.
ReplyDeleteFor me there are unanswered questions about where people have gone but as I said to Linda, I do not go down that road. It is easier not to question. I don't crave comments for the sake of it. If people stop by to comment, or email, and show friendship, then that is a bonus for me and my writing.
DeleteBlogging every day is a challenge, and I admire everyone who takes out time of their busy schedules to do that (I can't, and I won't).
ReplyDeleteBut blogging should not be a burden. If it feels like that, it's time for a break. Also, it's not just a one-way-street. Dialogue with those who read our posts is so important, even if someone just says something like "nice photos". The right thing for the blogger to do then is to write "thank you" in reply. I simply don't understand why some bloggers never answer comments; in my opinion, they rob themselves of an opportunity to communicate with others.
Sometimes if I am feeling very emotional about something I write my blog post in bed on my phone before I get up. I rush through to get something off my chest. I am not one who cannot use the phone for posting which I often read from people who say they cannot blog on their phones. Blogging has not been a burden ever for me but it can get in the way as when I was studying last year and so I have to discipline myself to not do it which I find hard. I enjoy it to communicate with others and like you say, I don't understand the neglect of answering comments, unless there is some emergency that means time is not available to answer of course. Thank you Meike.
Delete