Well that must have been quite a match over there in Mexico. England held on to win 3-2. Bellingham up to speed with 2 goals and Kane with a penalty. Quansah sent off in the 54th minute and Mexico coming close to scoring again making it a hang on for dear life final 20 minutes. Jordan Henderson managed a yellow card and to be stretchered off to hospital on oxygen without even playing one minute of football. And not forgetting the one hour delay because of storms and tempests.
England quarter final game against Norway is on Saturday at 10pm.
Meanwhile the third stage of the Tour de France will be raced without spectators for the last 40 km on decree of the organisers for safety reasons due to fire risks on the route today. It sounds very hairy. Organisers will look to early morning starts next year but this year it is too late to change, apparently.
I have my septic tank service this morning so will watch the England Mexico game later when it is quiet and I am on my own again.
I watched some of the Tour last night on Ch.5.........should be good scenery today if I remember to watch! I shan't be watching the football, though as matches go it , sounds like it was a good one.....actually some goals!! The local pub must have only had people inside, not in the garden with the big screen as I didn't hear any " roars"!
ReplyDeleteYesterday's stage along the Spanish coastline was wonderful scenery of blue sea and sandy beaches. Today's stage is again live on the Welsh channel. Not sure what I will be doing this afternoon. The fire risk sounds frightening. I will fit in the football match sometime, or at least the highlights. By the time the game kicked off last night the pub-goers were probably well and truly ready for bed so had probably gone home!
DeleteI will see my sister tonight and no doubt she will give me her account of the game, which she stayed up for and too today off work so that she could catch up on the lost sleep.
ReplyDeleteI watched it today and have mixed feelings but of course I am glad that England won. They really had to defend well and they did and the boss Tuchel made some very good tactical substitutions in the last 20 minutes.
DeleteIt sounds as though it was a match that has to be watched. The replay is 7pm on our sports channel. We'll be watching. Outside. Its finally summertime for real. Hot enough for our outside living. And a cool breeze. Don't what's happened but this summer is one of the best. Hot days yes but not scorching.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, congrats England!
I watched it today. It was not as I expected but at least England won. It has been hot here today but we got the work done on the septic tank before 10 and before the heat of midday. We also have a breeze.
DeleteI watched for you! Very exciting. Of course it was a reasonable hour her in California. Congrats
ReplyDeleteHi. I watched it today to catch up with the action! Thanks for watching it for me!
Delete