I heard of her sad death yesterday and then last night saw reports that she had been murdered in her home. I was watching a real life homicide investigation on television at the time. It came as a real shock to me and of course the reality of these murder investigations that I am watching. Whether it was Ann Widdecombe or any other lone woman in a lonely house it is a great tragedy and shocking.
I see the news this morning is that a young man who was arrested yesterday has been released and is no longer a person of interest.
I wonder if it was a random robbery that went wrong, perhaps she was not expected to be at home.
For those overseas who do not know her, Ann Widdecombe was a retired politician and long serving MP in the Conservative Party and much respected with strong opinions and ethics and loyalty to Britain. She joined the Reform Party in 2023 and was still active with them. She was regularly seen on tv political discussions and was also a celebrity contestant in Strictly Come Dancing a few years ago.
RIP Ann Widdecombe.
I was shocked when I heard about her death. I said to my husband I didn't think she had been ill and presumed she had had a heart attack or died peacefully in her bed. I was doubly shocked when they said she had been murdered. The police were quick to say that it wasn't terrorism or politically motivated. How do they know? They were quick to say they had arrested a 26 year old white male who as you said had now been released. I liked Ann Widdecombe. She was a woman of principles who wouldn't be swayed. As always Rachel, sending you positive and healing vibes. x
ReplyDeleteThanks Simone. I am wondering about the society in which we live where terrorism and politics are the first thing that is referred to by authorities There is nothing obvious to be gained politically from the murder of an elderly, defenceless woman. Murders were always murders before anything else was proven and were kept as such investigations. I am done with all this terrorists and political talk, at least until known for sure after police investigations which may take years. Rachel xx
DeleteI hope they get the culprit soon. It is unsettling knowing there is a murderer(s) on the loose. All the police should have said is that they are looking for the perpetrator and not to speculate until they have arrested and charged someone. They make the situation worse by trying to control the narrative. A bit cooler here today. There is a bit of a breeze that makes it more bearable. x
ReplyDeleteYes, the police narrative can cause further troubles where troubles do not need to exist. At this stage they are investigating and should be left to carry this out. It is a nice day here with harvest going on all around. It is a lovely time to live in the countryside of Norfolk. xxx
DeleteI greatly admired Ann and I was terribly sad when I heard about her death. I was in complete shock when I heard Ann had been brutally murdered 💔 I still cannot believe this RIP Ann ❤️
ReplyDelete