Stage 15 of the Tour De France etc.

 Tonight the big news is that Vingegaard is out of the Tour because he crashed near the end of the stage and has a suspected broken collarbone.   This is a horrible blow and something that nobody wanted to happen.   But it means that the podium spots have just got very exciting. 

Pogacar could have won the stage but it went to Evenepoel. Fascinating sportsmanship from Pogacar when he held back for his team mate Del Toro after the crash and  once again when he could have won the stage.  

First place went to Evenpoele, second to Pogacar and third to Del Toro. 


The GC tonight is

1. Pogacar 55h 41' 31"

2. Evenepoel  + 5'

3.  Del Toro   + 5' 58"

4. Seisax  + 6' 23"

5. Lipowitz + 6' 48"

6. Ayuso  + 7' 28"

7 Skjelmose + 9' 38"

8, Martinez +10' 28"

9.  Pidcock  +11' 19"

10.  Jegat  + 19' 26"


So there is the new GC with a 19 minute gap between Pogacar and Jegat at 10th.  Jegat is a new name in the GC.    The minutes and seconds are the gaps.  I hope you are following and enjoying the reading of the GC, the General Classification. 

I am sorry I have not done any illustrations this year but my life is very different now.  It is a measure of many things whether I am drawing or collaging or not. 




Here is an illustration from some years back but it could have been today's stage. 

The Green Jersey which is the award for the most points picked up in a day which is mostly from intermediate sprints is led by Pedersen and second is Philipsen and third is Kanter.  This is where we used to look out for Cavendish, Greipel and Sagan.   Pogacar is King of the Mountains with the polka dot jersey but as he is wearing the Yellow Jersey as race leader the King of the Mountains polka dot goes to Paret-Peintre who is second in that competition. 



Thank you to those who have emailed regarding the blog invitation.   I have been moved to tears by some of the emails received today. They are so lovely.  I did not realise that so many people read the blog and really care about me.  I have not answered them individually but please believe me when I tell you how much they have affected me today and please accept my thanks here.  xxx



Nearly forgot, Monday is a rest day in the Tour and it recommences on Tuesday with an individual time trial along the banks of Lake Geneva.   It is a 26 km time trial with ups and down. 

 

Comments

  1. I missed your sketches. Keep posting those from years gone by. They're clever and illustrate so much I miss in just reading about the race

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. I don't know how I used to do them when I was so busy. Today with all the emails has been a surprise. I have added you to the list. Rachel xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rachel. Don't want to miss anything from you.

      Delete

Post a Comment