Stage 6 and Pogacar demolished his rivals in the mountains. Tonight he is back in the Yellow Jersey. He went out solo on the Tourmalet mountain at 40 km from the finish and the gap just got bigger and bigger. Vingegaard couldn't match it and fell back. It was a ride of Pogacar's best in the mountains.
So Pogacar came in first, with Vingegaard second 2' 38" behind him. Del Toro third, Evenepoel fourth, and the boy Seisax 5th. Pidcock came in 15th, 8' 18" behind Pogacar and Adam Yates 17th, 8' 21" behind Pogacar. The yellow jersey holder Traeen had a nasty crash on the descent and got patched up and carried on losing 20 minutes and the yellow jersey. Vingegaard not happy, Traeen not happy, Evenepoel not happy I think with his team mate Del Toro and everyone asking what can we do to catch Pogacar.
This is the GC tonight.
1. Pogacar 21h 11' 57"
2. Vingegaard 21h 14' 39" + 2' 42"
3 Del Toro 21 15 24 +3.27
4. Evenepoel 21 15 27 +3.30
5. Ayuso 21 15 31 + 3.34
6. Seixas 21 15 52 + 3.55
7. Lipowitz 21 15 57 +4.00
8. Martinez 21 16 18 +4.21
9. Skjelmose 21 16 54 +4.57
10. Vacek 21 19 07 +7.10
Goodbye Pyrenees and hello Stage 7 tomorrow, a sprinters stage.Hagetmau to Bordeaux 175km, flat, sprinters hotspot, Bordeaux. Predictions for the stage winner put Philipsen top and Kooji to watch.
Those foreign names make for a good read. No Smith and Jones though I see there's a Yates. I went back and reread the names trying to pronounce them as I thought they might sound
ReplyDeleteI am trying to learn the names of the sprinters since most of our old favourites have retired like Sagan and Greipel and Kittel and Martin and not forgetting Cavendish. I am having to catch up as I didn't watch the tour at all last summer as I was busy with my university work. Adam Yates is British as is Tom Pidcock, both doing well.
Delete