Today I have my first massage in two months. Yesterday I re-commenced my daily exercises, in full. Things are looking better. I last exercised using the exercises for seniors routine before I went on holiday on 8th May. Perhaps I should say I ceased the routine on the day of my holiday. I will now engage on a daily basis. I felt the sluggishness of some muscles that needed to be stirred into life.
I heard from Mark in Sheffield yesterday, the man I met on the tour of Azerbaijan. I think we will be staying in touch with each other. It is nice to have made a friend on the tour and to have things in common. I will see how it goes; friendships made on holidays ofter peter out after a year or so although one lady I met in Macedonia continued to email me for 15 years until she passed away earlier this year. Her daughter found my contact details on her mother's computer and emailed me the news.
I am thinking of a train tour next year if I am well enough. This will be starting on Eurostar from St Pancras and heading across to Brussels and Cologne and onwards to Denmark and Sweden. The other alternative, there are two train tours that I am interested in, is a tour of Germany going to Dresden and then heading northwards. This one also starts from St. Pancras. But next summer is a long way off at the moment and I am aware that my health needs to be good to undertake another holilday.
I am looking forward to going out today and will get an early train and will go to the café to write for a while before my appointment. So far my 'live train times' information tells me that the trains are running on time.
I will not be back until tonight and will do a catch up on Stage 6 of the Tour when I get home.
By now you probably have had your massage and feel all the better for it! I haven't been to my weekly back & shoulders massage for a few weeks now, it's just been way too hot. But I have done my (almost) daily exercises at home, early in the morning before it was too hot, and I applaud you for picking up yours again, too. Even if you're not back to 100 %, I am certain you'll benefit, and you are sensible and can adjust how much and how strenuously you exercise according to your "form of the day" and how you feel.
ReplyDeleteA train trip to Germany? If you should really plan on this, leave plenty of time for delays and cancellations... (you know how often I write about it on my blog).
The massage time was at the middle of the day so quite hot by then. 33C. I spent an hour writing in a café but I was very hot!
DeleteI had a bad experience of late trains in Germany when I returned from Kassel after my visit to Documenta 12 in 2007. It was quite a memorable return trip because it started at 6.30 am with the hotel demanding payment from me when I had already paid. It was all very difficult with no German language! Next the first train was delayed and then another was stopped due to engineering works, unscheduled, and I missed the rest of my connections all through to London. The information assistant in Cologne had me in tears because her computer said that the delays I was describing were not on the computer! I eventually left in tears and got on the train anyway and risked it. I was booked on another train that I had already missed. And then my luck changed because the guard was friendly and told me not to worry and it was ok. I then missed my Eurostar train from Brussels and likewise, they were friendly and helpful too. I think as far as a holiday goes, delays are a little less of a nuisance than they are when working although if connections are involved it can be very difficult. I will bear this in mind with train holidays. Thanks Meike.
You're getting back into stride. Hope you found the Massage helped
ReplyDeleteI almost called it off because of the high temperatures here today but didn't and am glad I went ahead with it. Yes, it was useful for my progress in getting better. Thanks Linda.
Delete