Wednesday, 22 July 2026

Update

 It is still my intention to write a second post about the new cabinet post holders but not at the moment because other things are getting in the way. 

I went to see the Odyssey yesterday and I also need to write about that but that will have to wait too. 

The Tour time trial was won by Evenepoel yesterday and Pogacar was second.  Lipowitz, from memory only as I am not looking at anything this morning,  so fact checker  AI chapgpt  troll  Apple watch-wearer you have honesty here, I am not a Louise Haigh liar type of person, and had to retire from the race because he had a nasty crash on his own during the time trial.   What you see is what you get with me.   Yes, it was Lipowitz.  My memory is good. 

The GC remains the same with the adjustment for Lipowitz and Pogacar remains in the Yellow Jersey. 

Today is Stage 17 and is called flat but it has a couple or more climbs and is about 175 kms and is Chambery to Voiron.  Chambery is the gateway to the Alps so we know where they will be off to next.   No paperwork in front of me this morning and tiredness has overwhelmed me.  

Sorry, better posting next time.   I blame the Odyssey.

4 comments:

  1. Morning Rachel! I hope you are enjoying The Tour. I don't follow it hence my lack of comments about it. I've heard that people haven't liked the 'Odyssey' but will await your film review. I hope that your tiredness subsides. Sending you lots of positive energy across the ether. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to muster interest in the Tour by emphasising the people and the journey and the things that happen to these people. It used to be more fun here during the Tour because there were many tour people who followed with me and commented each day. I am talking about over 10 years ago! Times change, popularity changes, blogs change. I look forward to writing about Ulysses. xx

      Delete
  2. I've heard mixed reviews about the Odyssey. It makes little difference to me, as I shan't watch it until it's on television, some time in the future. I shall read your review with interest, though.
    I am, with difficulty, keeping my tongue between my teeth over the Hero of the North and his plans. I do think John Healey will be good, because he has much parliamentary experience. Miliband should have been relegated to the back benches. Wes Streeting listens, and might do well at Defence. Someone needs to think more seriously about the defence of the realm. There. My tongue has escaped my teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is difficult to make a blanket recommendation for the film.
      It is also the same for the Burnham cabinet!

      Delete