This is a post I wrote a few days ago and didn't publish. So it is from last week's papers.
As a continuation of my news from Yorkshire illustrating that Yorkshire is not a quiet county, I am including some headlines from Norfolk today. I don't expect you to read the three items but the headlines will give you the gist. The Migrant camp headline appeared last Thursday, the Afghan rape case appeared on Friday and the cannabis production is in today's paper.
1. Is the news of the Migrant camp to house 1250 men in Barnham, Suffolk that I wrote about the other day. Barnham is on the Norfolk Suffolk border and has a population of 600 people or less. Previously under the Tory government the old RAF camp at Coltishall outside Norwich was used for temporary quarters for 200 asylum seekers but this was only used for a few months due to its isolation in a rural area and it was deemed not to have worked. RAF Coltishall was far less isolated than RAF Barnham. Labour do not seem to have learned from this little snippet of history from their predecessors.
This is but a small snap shot of news here in 2026.
Up date: Of course the leaflet to be handed out to illegal migrants in the boats should stop the cases of rape and mistreatment of women overnight.



Your news from Norfolk is replicated everywhere Rachel as you know. With regards to the leaflet shouldn't they be making it waterproof? Also, I've only seen the English version. I wonder how many translations it is printed in and which ones specifically? Cooler day today. I like it. Had a spot of rain yesterday. Hope you have a lovely day. x
ReplyDelete