Friday, 14 August 2026

Recap

 Catch up time on the blogs is obvious from the page views that it lags  24 hours to 48 hours.  I get used to it but I am not pleased with it but blogger is what it is, free and useful, unpredictable.  Yesterday Ilona alerted her readers to a post she said I had just published when in fact I had published it 24 hours before.  Her side bar had not caught up.  And this morning it has still not caught up and the Eclipse and Mourinho post is not shown.  It will be 48 hours behind.   There seems no rhyme nor reason to the updating.  It is a lottery and no two blog lists on side bars are updating at the same speed.   Magnons Meaderings sometimes updates as soon as he publishes, other days it doesn't.  On my reading list he often takes 24 hours to update.  Linda in Greece, Kiwi Alien, can take 48 hours to appear on my list.   Ook does not appear for 48 hours or longer.  This morning I caught up on three posts that I had missed.  Some people look at their favourite blogs regardless of updating on blog lists, I am one of those, but many others only look if the reading lists update.  And it is easy to forget to look like I did with Ook.  For topical stuff  updating is important in my view.  News that is old news is stale and uninteresting to the reading public.  I have a post on further news from Cambridge University but I haven't written it because I want immediate publication and reaction which I won't get here. 

Yesterday I wrote about the eclipse and Mourinho on tv and a massage that may or may not take place. It has been read by an eighth of the eventual number.  The massage did not take place.  The doctors appointment she had was later in the day than she anticipated and as time passed I messaged her to say I would stay home.  It was getting too hot to travel in mid afternoon even if she had said yes.  I gave her the name of Anthisan cream for her insect bite to help her with itch relief.   However later she messaged to say it was not an insect bite and she had been told it was a heat rash.   I am no further with appointment with her but decided to leave her to deal with her heat rash for a few days. 

I went back to the eclipse last night and the shadows on the house at exactly the same time 24 hours later and found it all to be very different.  So my house shadows had given me my best view of the eclipse without me knowing.  I have now confirmed it.


4 comments:

  1. The Cambridge Uiversity saga is not going away. More will be revealed as people try desperately to salvage their reputations and will ultimately fail, No doubt they will move sideways and often upwards into other profitable employment, as happens in the Civil Service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many ugly things happening at Cambridge. Once it was communists and spies. Now it is Islam. I may still write about it. Cambridge City Council has recently installed some squat toilets.

      Delete
  2. Because - mainly from you - I am aware of the updating problem on this platform, I am checking on those blogs I am most interested in (almost) every day, regardless of what appears on my reading list. This includes your blog, which is why I did not miss your post about the eclipse.

    Sometimes I can't read all the blogs I want before I have to leave for work, and when I get back after an entire day staring at computer screens I don't want any more. That is often the reason when I don't comment on a post the same day it was published.

    As you say, we're not paying a fee to use this platform for our blogs, and all things considered, I am fine with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting the way different people follow blogs. Some, as we know, do not use the reading list at all and have no way of knowing when long absent bloggers return and rely on others to tell them. However, for most of us blogging is satisfactory and we follow those we like by checking in on them daily. Many bloggers that I follow have mentioned the up-dating problem and many, such as myself who blog daily and sometimes more than one post in a day, find it particularly frustrating. However, it is but a minor problem in the grander scale of things and as ever I will make the best of a bad job.

      Delete

Films Football and Fun

 I went to see the Social Reckoning movie yesterday.  This is the latest documentary/drama, with an emphasis on drama over documentary, on Z...