Friday, 18 September 2026

Ed Sheeran

 Wouldn't it be lovely if Ed Sheeran went on with his tour on his own, guitar, singing alone.  No politics, just singing his songs that the fans paid to listen to, his fans paid to see his face, hear his voice live, sing along and enjoy without a care in the world for an evening out.

I don't know if that will happen.

In case you are a little in the dark, Ed Sheeran, although he has done nothing wrong, has been turned into a monster by the left who one is never allowed to cross.   He is on a world singing tour.

His rapper friend Macklemore was the opening act and he turned the stage into a Free Gaza monument with big screens of Gaza pictures and himself lecturing on the wickedness of Israel.  As we all know one is never allowed by the left to speak of the wickedness of Gaza and Hamas.  The owner of the New Jersey stadium said no to this Gazaholic and said they would no longer host the shows.  Macklemore parted company with Sheeran at this point as the organisers said he could not remain on the tour if he was going to upset the people and carry on with the politics.    Then the other support acts followed in support of Macklemore.  The whole tour is now in shreds on the Israelophobia. The cult of Gaza and the left cheer at what has happened to Ed Sheeran.  As if this is what they wanted to give them glee and balloons. Ed Sheeran is now effectively cancelled.  It brings out the smugness in the left.  Do as you're told Sheeran or we will get you. 

Did Sheeran fire a missile at Gaza?  No.  The mob will chant on social media what a bad man he is.  Let them.  Carry on Ed and sing your songs.  Ignore the mob and sing for your right to sing your songs without crumbling to the left.  Sheeran's statement said there is pain and suffering on both sides.  This upsets the left because the pain of Israel is never to be acknowledged. 

Don't give up your tour Ed.  Keep your peaceful songs and your guitar and your voice.  Sing on.  

14 comments:

  1. Lets hope some decent back up groups offer to join Sheeran , to support his tour.
    I was brought up tobe critical of things and not just follow trends, does tend to lose you a lot of 'friends' though.
    I have quite enjoyed being 'different' though.
    I see very few people nowadays, makes me wonder if I want to be around people now.
    Hope Ed continues and is not thrown my this problem.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The political left are such that they think they are the best and can do no wrong and everyone else is plain nothing. They put fear into the good and the ordinary. So do I think anyone will back-up Sheeran? Unlikely to happen because of the fear of being cancelled, being hounded, slaughtered and reprimanded and mocked and insulted.
      As for your sentence on "I see very few people...." I experienced a similar feeling last week when I had lunch with my lady friends. It is worthy of a post on how I felt about them but it would be difficult to write to be fully understood and not misunderstood here. There is judgment here too. But I know you would understand without judgment.
      Thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Good morning Kathy, and thanks for the comment. xx

      Delete
  3. Yes indeed, there has been and still is pain and suffering on both sides. While I did not read or hear any of Ed Sheeran's statements in this matter and only learned of this whole story from your blog (thank you!), I can imagine that he, like any decent person, is not on anyone's "side" but on the side of humanity - let people live peacefully the way they choose, don't expect everyone to pray to the same God or like the same food and observe the exact same customs. The world is colourful and varied, and all the more beautiful for it. Why can't we just get along and leave those that want to live differently live the way they want (provided they grant us the same privilege, of course).

    Not sure whether you heard about the new trainer of German's national football team, Jürgen Klop. He's been in the main news since yesterday afternoon because apart from announcing who's in his new team he also made some politicial statements. As you can imagine, opinions vary between "he should stick to football and leave politics to politicians" and "well said, Jürgen!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to keep politics separate from occasions such as pop concerts and I do not like such events to be used as political platforms by some performers. Ed Sheeran has made it perfectly clear that he keeps his politics to himself. He has been let down by the support bands who have taken sides. People go to hear a singer they love to sing songs they can sing along to. The vast majority do not want political opinions thrust at them from the stage. I am familiar with Jurgen Klopp from his Liverpool days. He is a volatile, outspoken character. My opinion, as with pop concerts, is that football team managers, at club or national level, should stick to football.

      Delete
  4. I heard about this. I really don't understand why these people are so focussed on Palestine as though nowhere else in the World matters! Paloma Faith says 'Free Palestine' to her children every night (so she says). I'm fed up with it Rachel. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pop concerts should not be used as political platforms as I have just said to Meike. Israelis matter too. I am fed up with how I see other people with a herd mentality of following nothing but the BBC, CNN, New York Times, Tik Tok and Facebook with vast emotional overdose to get a reaction from those who have neither time nor inclination to learn. study or question anything they are fed by these people. Thank you for commenting today Simone. xx

      Delete
  5. There is only ONE COUNTRY in The Middle East that is fighting against terrorism, and the spread of Islam; and that is Israel. Yet they are demonised. How much longer will it take for the 'Lovies' to wake up and see what is really happening, and who they are actually supporting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rule for left wing entertainers is one and the rule for anybody not on their side is another. The left go to cry on tik tok and instagram and sob emotional claptrap. The ignorant and the thick lap it up. Protest song and lyrics have been around for years and they played a decent role for everybody. Now it is the stage itself that becomes one giant political arena for propaganda shows. I saw the Roger Waters live concert last year, live streaming at the cinema; it was one whole political anti-Israel rant with film reel behind him going on the whole time. He told people to leave if they didn't like it. I stayed to watch even though I didn't like it.

      Delete
  6. I've heard of him and know he's a singer, very popular it seems. Or was. I hope he sings on. Pop concerts and politics do not go together, but sometimes do unfortunately

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheeran has done nothing wrong. He is a popular singing artist in the UK and I assume in the USA as he is on a sell-out tour there, or at least it was a tour but whether it is still on I don't know. He has never spoken about politics only to say he keeps his politics to himself. Pop concerts and politics do, as you say, sometimes go together today. I do not agree with this fact but it is correct.. As I said to Cro, protest songs were a thing in our day, we sang along, knew all the words, as did even our mothers and fathers. It went no further than that. Now for some, politics have become centre stage and preaching to their captive audiences. I assume that Sheeran may be guilty of naivity as one assumes he knew something of what his support opening act was going to do and he also knew the owner of the New Jersey Stadium probably wouldn't like it as Sheeran had already played for the man at a private party months before. It would be great if he carried on and said sod the sanctimonious Gaza cult and played his pleasant songs and ballads. But I fear he will give up. The vile intolerance spouted at him is just that, vile.

      Delete
  7. These stadium concerts are just too LOUD. When he was here in Perth last year, I had to move out of my apartment for 2 nights and stay somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete

Clerical error

 This was how the Archbishop of Canterbury remembered 9/11 by presenting a Muslim cleric with an award for interfaith goodness.   This prese...