Following such a lovely day yesterday today is rather miserable and after a bright start it is now raining quite heavily and has gone quite dark. Yesterday was a beautifully warm day.
The use of relaxation is difficult for some who don't seem to know how to do it or possibly treat it as a sin to do so. I relaxed yesterday and from around 5pm I watched three films. Whilst viewing I like to pretty much do nothing and I now use sub-titles for all films and documentaries because I cannot always understand what is being said, particularly the American voices. This is not because I am hard of hearing, it is just that diction and clear speech is not always what comes through the sound of these programmes.
I do sometimes do codewords whilst watching if the dialogue is in English and then it is not so imperative to read the sub-titles. But otherwise I just relax, sit back and enjoy.
I don't crochet or embroider and I keep sewing to the sewing machine and garment mending or alterations. I haven't done either of these things for some while as there hasn't been any necessity for such.
Hello Rachel, I was happy to find you over on Instagram and see you are blogging again.
ReplyDeleteI am starting at the beginning which may take me a few days as it is a busy week this week with American Thanksgiving on Thursday.
I believe that many apps like netflix and amazon etc have settings you can adjust and make the background noise less so the dialogue is more easily understood. We use a small wireless speaker set near to us so we can listen to the program and not have neighbors have to hear it also.
I am also a relaxer when watching. I never found knitting crochet relaxing at all. I learned all of them and they just make me feel irritable and like slapping someone.