Friday, 31 October 2025

Sunny Day

 It is another beautiful day here in the east and I have my washing out in the sunshine.   I have not put my heating on yet and am conserving oil in my tank for the winter months. I light the woodburner in the evenings and am tucked up warm in bed with two duvets - my winter one and the summer one on top - at bedtime.  If it gets too hot on a warm night I can discard the summer one to the floor.   I am snug as a bug in a rug as they say. 

I am catching up on lots of documentaries on Netflix at the moment.  I have been unable to find a good drama to watch but there are plenty of documentaries.  Last night I was watching one on the music career of Eric Clapton.  He kind of developed his career during the time I was growing my non-music career in the late 1960s, early 1970s.  All names were familiar to me and many bands familiar.  Reminders of Duane Allman and Delaney and Bonnie were good stories that I had forgotten.  It got late and I did not finish the documentary as I had watched Aileen the Serial Killer beforehand.  She may have been a victim of rape in instance number one but it begged the question of why carry on prostituting yourself on the highway and end up carrying out six more murders when she had a girlfriend to live with and a happier life?   I felt by some she was misunderstood but the rape did not exonerate her from blame for at least seven murders.

Clapton became a drug addict when he was shunned by Pattie Boyd.  He turned to heroin.  He spent three years away from music.  Then got cured and alcohol became his new drug.   

The way to treat drug gangs and suppliers of drugs which have wrecked this world is to go in hard.  I see the police and military raids in Brazil. These are the drug gangs that originated in prisons in the 1970s.  They may be the wreckers of your sons and your daughters lives 1000s of miles away and if not yours, then the lives of others.   Drugs have been the scourge of our generation, so many suicides, OD's, families wrecked, lives ruined for the sake of a heroin fix, a cocaine fix, a ketamine fix, an ecstacy trip that might or might not  be fun (ask Leah Betts family if you have a good memory in East Anglia), a trip, a fight, a stabbing, contaminated and altered states, deaths, murders, crossfire, mistakes.  All results that have brought or bring misery.  Poverty cases when I worked in Childrens Services for seven years were drug fuelled domestic violence, cannabis and alcohol frequently in the houses of the poor and heroin in the houses where the children were taken into care, fostered and later adopted.    In Siberia deaths were many with homebrew that poisoned, as in Laos and Vietnam, watch out if you don't know where that jug of alcohol came from offered in front of you, cheap and cheerful and possibly about to give you a slow, painful death.   


No comments:

Post a Comment