I stayed in all day yesterday. By that I mean I didn't go anywhere in the car so didn't get a paper. I lived without it and today is here again.
I spent an hour in the garden and completely filled the brown bin which was already almost full because it wasn't collected on the last collection day before Christmas. I am doing a bramble clearance in the border which hasn't been done since Covid lockdowns when I used it as my outdoor activity at that time. I am slowly but surely getting right the way along the border by the wall and once I get to the end I will go back to the beginning and give it a second go. It is a bit like painting the Forth Road Bridge, once you finish you start all over again.
I then did another hour on the jigsaw
Late afternoon I went outside to do my exercises dressed in hat and coat and gloves and then spent a further half hour outside just before dusk.
The late afternoon around about dusk is one of my favourite times of the day and I like to be outside at that time enjoying the sunset and the fresh air.
Whilst watching television, below, I started a new kind of floor exercise which hopefully will enable me to sit back on my heels, the ability for which I have lost. With quadricep exercises I should be able to achieve this in about six months or sooner if lucky. I also improved upon the getting down and getting up and achieved a slightly more "finished" version of this procedure. My legs are getting stronger. I was able to do these exercises whilst watching the following Netflix documentary on Jodi Hildebrandt. Read on.
In the evening I watched on Netflix the story of Jodi Hildebrandt the LDS evil child molestor who was at all times in total denial about what she was, what she had done wrong, and announced that she will carry on doing in prison, a fraud, an abuser of the young and adults, out to make money and just plain evil religious controller. I agree with the prosecution and all concerned in the police operation that she will do it all again if she is let out and we heard her saying that in prison she intends to continue to preach the voice of the Lord and continue her work. I hope she is put in isolation as the danger that she is and given a taste of her own medicine that she used to dole out to children tied up and locked in rooms alone.
I then watched again the story of the Red Army Faction (RAF), the Stasi, and the high profile assasinations after re-unification of Germany. I have in fact seen this before but could not remember it so clearly and believe that I probably did not concentrate on reading the subtitles last time - the whole series is in German. I remember the assassination of the Deutsche Bank head but not so much that of Rohwedder, the head of Treuhandanstadt which was a state department responsible for the re-privatision of the state owned companies of the GDR. It was always believed and claimed that the RAF (Red Army Faction) were responsible for these assassinations but it now believed that the Stasi were more likely to have been responsible. The Stasi felt betrayed by the re-unification of Germany and they had the expertise by way of military and expert staff to carry out these assassinations that the RAF never had. It is very interesting viewing for me and I have one further episode to watch tonight.
Today is very bright and frosty and I look forward to the day ahead of me.
I watched that Jodi Hildebrandt documentary last night too. I did fall asleep for part of it. I couldn't understand how the mother could let the abuse of her children go on or did the mother abuse them under the instruction of Hildebrandt? Where did the other 4 children live at the time? I can't believe so many people followed that woman without questioning her motives.
ReplyDeleteLovely bright day here too. Enjoy the day Rachel. I'm doing a bit of rag rug making in the evenings although I am sure I would equally enjoy doing a jigsaw puzzle like the one you are doing. x
It is hard to believe how Ruby Franke let Hildebrandt do what she did to her two youngest children. In fact it is beyond belief. She was totally brainwashed by Hildebrandt. (Franke is also now serving consecutive long sentences in prison). The next two in age were found staying with a friend and the oldest two I assume were young adults. It is also difficult to see how the adults in her counselling sessions were also brainwashed to hand over large amounts of money to Hildebrandt to be told to leave their wives/children in order "to heal". However one has to bear in mind that this was Utah and the Church of the Mormons and the people she brainwashed had already been brainwashed by the Mormons.
DeleteI have been out to the bakery and it is a beautiful sunny, frosty morning. x
I don't think I would watch either of those. I know that such things happen but I feel depressed having to watch it.
ReplyDeleteI prefer to look out at our matching sunny, frosty mornings!
I like documentaries and with the crime ones, particularly from the US, I am interested in the police investigation work which is always well documented. I have less of an interest in British crime documentaries. As far as the GDR and Red Army Faction goes, I have had an interest in the GDR, Russia and Eastern Europe since I was about 10 years old and most of my travelling has been in those areas.
DeleteThe temperature has been hovering around freezing point all day. I am just in from doing my exercises outside and have lit the fire. xx
Your progress with the exercises must be motivating. I know I need mine in order to keep the scoliosis-induced back pain at bay.
ReplyDeleteThe time before dusk is my favourite for being out, too. When I can, I time my after work walks so that I can take in the sunset.
The RAF were active in my area, too. As children, we were familiar with their WANTED posters in every post office and bank. Gudrun Ensslin came from a nice family. Her father was a priest; he and his wife were friends with my godmother, whose father also had been a priest.
As kids we didn‘t know, let alone understand, everything that was going on with the terrorists, we just knew they were dangerous to the extreme.
PS: Stammheim, where the key RAF figures were imprisoned, is just across the fields from where I live.
DeleteI think we in Britain were more familiar with them being called the Baader-Meinhof Gang. It wasn't until watching this documentary that I realised just how big the organisation was. There were several interviews in the documentary with former members but none with Stasi people who still don't wish to be identified. The interviews were very interesting and they were very ordinary people, as with your illustration of the daughter of a priest, friends with your godmother, but with strong anti-capitalist views.
DeleteI am motivated to continue exercising because of my holiday next year and I am helped by the fact that I am already seeing improvements. My great niece has scioliosis and was operated on last summer at the age of 14.
Stammheim is near Stuttgart we were told so I can visualise the area where you live.
Delete