Yesterday for one reason or another at home I suddenly needed to escape so I downed tools, grabbed two rounds of bread, no butter, some sliced meat and a sandwich bag, thrust them in my backpack and jumped in the car and headed for the station. No time for contact lenses, it was glasses for speed. I just made it for a train avoiding an hours wait for the next one. I needed the cinema for what only the cinema can give me, total escape, incognito, on my own. There was nothing I really wanted to see but out of the collection left I opted for Jason Statham's Shelter. And lo and behold, it did the trick. It took me away from everything, was gripping enough to have some suspense and for such a film of assassins and MI6 I could actually follow what was going on. It also starred a young girl, called Bodhri I think, who was very good who played alongside Statham, and Bill Nighy the dependable MI6 man. All in all the day did the trick for me.
Back home after a 20 minute train delay which didn't really worry me, who cares if I am late, only the cats waiting for me. Fire lit, tv on and exercises done. Down and up from the floor still satisfactory. Backward walking across the living room whilst watching tv, satisfactory. House more and more decluttered each day as I select an item to go. Yesterday ended up a satisfactory day. And as I predicted, my Mandelson post was of no interest to anyone.
I'm glad that you had the instinct to get out to the cinema. I have to force myself to get out these days. Only just seen your Mandelson post Rachel. I kept checking to see if you had posted but you hadn't as of the time I turned the computer off. I found it very interesting. Would you recommend reading Attlee's biography? Regarding Mandelson and his Epstein links, have you been reading any of the released Epstein files? So much in my innocent world is making sense now. The devil is very much in charge.
ReplyDeleteThank you again Simone. I read the Attlee biography several years ago and remember it as being like a very informative history lesson and I would recommend it. I can't remember who wrote it. I haven't been reading the Epstein files. Mandelson was always a bad egg without Epstein. If you want any background on just how bad Epstein was, along with Maxwell recruiting girls outside high schools for him, there are a couple of good documentaries on Netflix. In fact it beggars belief what Ghislaine Maxwell's contribution was. Epstein had the powers to enthrall people in not a good way, trap them in an involuntary way, and totally take them in and people of intelligence who should have known better were under his control. Even Wexner who Epstein stole millions from did not press charges.
DeleteThanks again for the Netflix recommendations Rachel. I will seek them out. I hope you have a good day. I just asked chatGpt what utopia would look like. It came up with an interesting response. I like to use AI to generate ideas when I am bored! x
DeleteThere is also a Ghislaine Maxwell documentary which is very good. I have not used chatGpt and don't know how to in fact but if it gives some fun then it sounds good. I had a friend at university who said she used it and some poets used it for ideas.
DeleteI think you would enjoy chatGpt Rachel. It is free to use unless you want to go deeper. As long as you are very specific with your questions - it usually gives very good responses. It has opened up my world. You can even ask it were it got its responses from and references etc. Just log into chatGpt and start to ask questions and take it from there! It is a great tool in aiding research. I will watch the Ghislaine Maxwell documentary. x
DeleteThanks for the informaation Simone. I will take a look and bring myself up to date. xx
DeleteI read your Mandelson post with great interested but as I have mentioned before, I simply do not feel I can contribute anything meaningful to political topics outside what I know from personal experience, which of course limits that knowledge to Germany, and to be more specific, my part of Germany which can not be easily compared to other regions of the country.
ReplyDeleteYour spontaneous decision to "flee" the house and go to the cinema was a good one, and your day turned out to be satisfactory on all accounts. Also, your exercise regime is really making a difference; you mentioned your lower blood pressure, too - SO much better to do it your way than with medication!
And few things are more satisfying than decluttering, cleaning and tidying, I think :-)
Thank you Meike. I do understand that as a non-British reader you are not in a position to comment on my British political posts and I respect that and to an extent I actually prefer it that way. I think one has to live and breathe a political environment to come anywhere near understanding what it is like and make a comment that is anything but hearsay. So I thank you again for standing back.
DeleteMy flee yesterday was a good way out for me. I cannot explain but I had some family issues to deal with and I wanted complete isolation.
When you gotta go you just gotta get out! I.m glad you found something to take you away. I like Bill Nighy. Hes a great actor. I just looked him up and am amazed at what he's done in theatre and movies. He also reads a series of books I listen to on youtube.
ReplyDeleteBut of course it was Jason Statham who took you away. His stunts are incredible.
Mandelson and his cronies are incredible too. I listen to whatever new chapter comes out and find it all hard to believe. And I'm sure there's more dirt to come. With many more famous players
As I said to someone else in the comments, Mandelson was always a bad lot from the word go with Blair. I wish this would bring down the Labour Party but it won't. Perhaps Blair might get some stick from this.
DeleteEpstein was one of those charismatic types you meet in finance and investment - able to pull the wool over people's eyes and lie without a flinch of conscience. I met them in my years of investment, not paedophiles but men who could attract attention that they were the best. I met one in my firm who within 5 minutes of meeting him I saw through him and yet everybody stood in awe of him, told me what a great man he was and I was not allowed to say a word against him, they were like moths to the flame. 10 years later he was arrested for fraud having been committing acts of fraud against our clients for years. I stood back and silently thought, told you so.
I am afraid I am thinking the same with Mandelson, along with many others I am sure, "told you so".
I recognise that need to escape into a darkened afternoon cinema seat
ReplyDeleteI do it weekly
I have been doing it for about 7 years now, you much longer, I know. The cinema is my haven on a bad day.
DeleteNo better escape than a good film! Not familiar with Mandelson ..
ReplyDeleteIt is a bonus when the film is also very good.
Delete