Tuesday, 17 March 2026

Tuesday

 It has been a fine day here in the east from about noon onwards when the blue sky and sunshine arrived.  It was a bit late coming but arrive it did.

I have had a bit of a non sort of day as my plans for going out fell through when my friend had to call off meeting me due to illness.  So in the cold and grey of the morning I went to a garden centre and had a scone and tea and read the papers.  As usual I sat outside in the fresh air much to the amazement of the girl serving.  

I then came home and started a new jigsaw puzzle which I had treated myself to from the garden centre.  I also bought a hose coupling for my lawn mower, you attach hose to clean the deck, and some path cleaner.  Now that I am in charge of my own grass and path all these things come into my own hands.  As the sun wasn't yet shining when I got home I put off cutting the grass as it seemed too cold and dull to be outside.  I was feeling a bit dull anyway and not in the mood for anything much more than a jigsaw. 

I hope tomorrow will be better for me although I start the day with a visit to the dentist!  

I watched the Dynasty :The Murdochs family story on Netflix, not today, but a few days ago.  I watched all four episodes but found it rather boring after the second episode.  I split my viewing and couldn't face it all at once, it wasn't exactly gripping.    Family businesses whether they are big or small are rarely good news, my family can vouch for that.   



4 comments:

  1. Since my knowledge of the Murdochs is only very superficial, a documentary or family story could be interesting - but from what you say it is probably not worth bothering.

    Tea and a scone at the garden center sounds nice, but like most people, I would have preferred to sit in the warm - I love to be out in the fresh air, but I want to be moving or I'll get cold very quickly (and so does the tea).

    I hope all goes well at the dentist's for you today, and the day itself turns out to be not the "non sort" but the "sort" of day you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how much the interest about the Murdochs extends outside Britain, the US and Australia. In Britain we are very familiar with the Murdoch dynasty because of the involvement in our newspapers, in Germany this interest may not be so. The main problem with the documentary is that it is too long and the Murdoch family dynamics could probably have been covered in 2 and not four 50 minute episodes, in my opinion. Family feuding and trust settlements and wills over and over make boring viewing. However this view may not be shared by others and I already knew a lot about the family so inevitably I was going to want it to move on more swiftly.

      My tea came in a small pot so I poured as and when I wanted a top up of my cup so it did not get cold. As I have said before, I am so used to sitting outside drinking tea during Covid lockdowns at my brother's house, outside is now my first choice for tea at cafés. I used to be the total reverse but now I like the fresh air and freedom from crowded, over-heated venues.

      Delete
  2. Good on you for getting out even if alone. Alone can be enjoyable too.
    Hope the dentist goes well and you can have fun with the hose fitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am happy sitting alone and reading the papers. The only thing about sitting outside is I am the only one at this time of year so I don't get to doing any people watching!

      Delete