Was I disappointed at the lack of support for yesterday's post entitled Israel? Yes. Was I surprised? No.
Did my initial exchange with Kathy put people off commenting? Possibly. Were people scared to say anything? Possibly.
Did Yael joining me in comments cause problems? Did sympathy go out the window all of a sudden, cause sudden cases of the vapours and withdrawals to darkened rooms?
My reaction by the end of the day when I came in from grass cutting was, go on, carry on lapping up the BBC News. It makes you chuffed and happy and you can carry on complaining about the price of petrol and how much you hate Trump. Believe what you want about Iran winning the war and the BBC anti-Israel constant and their total ignorance of the Iranian regime and accurate reporting.
In fact you might spend a little bit of time considering how and what things might be with the Iran regime dominating the Middle East from Iran right down to the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood and everything we have now gone forever. But you won't do that. Your minds are made up for you by the media.
And feel anything you like about Starmer but I wouldn't waste too much energy, the biggest let down you can possibly have for a leader of Britain. Wimp and useless.
Rachel, it may be that I am commenting too quickly and spontaneously, and what comes out is from the initial emotion when I read this post. I allow you to delete my comment if you feel that it is alienating people from here. (It also says something about them...), I remain positive about your fairness and honesty and the courage to say things.
ReplyDeleteThe hypocrisy and ignorance of others has been known to me for a long time.
And of course, Cro should also be praised for not being afraid to express his opinion.There are people on my blog who come to support me, and I really appreciate them for that, but I also see people who avoid and ignore me over time. It hurts, but I can survive that too. And again, I want to thank you for not ignoring a topic that has such critical importance to the whole world.
On the contrary Yael. Your comment yesterday was important to me. I did not mention Cro today because his comment came almost 24 hours after I wrote the post and did not affect how I felt last night on seeing no further comments when I came indoors from grasscutting. I do as always respect Cro and his comments. Your comment this morning is a good one. Thank you.
DeleteI promise to hold back next time and not comment if it really drives people away.
ReplyDeletePlease do not do that.
DeleteYes please keep commenting Yael.
DeleteGood morning Rachel. why would my question and your answers, yesterday, put people off commenting.put any one off commenting? Every ones oppinions are there own, especially Arians. My mother and sister were both Tauriams , so you can imagine famuly get together or mealtime were always lively. I enjoy your blog, but of course dont agree with all your oppinions any more than you agre with mine.
ReplyDeleteBut then travelling so much has helped me to see many viewpoints.
Most americans do not have passports, so tend to see differently to those that have travelled.
Enloy your day.
Kathy
Thank you Kathy. It was notable that when I spoke of feeling different I only received comments from Aries people recently. I mentioned our exchange here yesterday because some may have decreed a mistaken identity of language we used. I knew we were fine but others may not have this understanding.
DeleteHistory and regime mechanics such as the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood geographically up to the Iranian regime since 1979 may help people to understand the seriousness of the Middle East whether they have a passport or not. Rachel xx
I have noticed , that in our trade, dealers usually pay for armed guards when doing business in some of the arab countries, especia;;y when away from tourist areas, of course other countries for instance in South America are the same. Generally you are ok if your sensible, but often deales you work with insist on extra care as they cannot guarantee your safety.
DeleteI have found that dealers from some countries are less pleasant to deal with than others. I have also had dealer friends vanish .
Kathy
Kathy
The importance to all of us is that we do not want to see the Middle East in the hands of a government of Islamic theocracy as they have in Iran.
DeleteI read yesterdays post Rachel but had nothing to add. We hold similar views. I am trying to keep sane in this world that has declined in manners and morals. What was right is now wrong and what was wrong is now considered right. We are all supposed to think the same and if we speak out we are labelled. I am trying to keep my mouth shut as my political views cause a lot of problems especially at home. X
ReplyDeleteThanks Simone. I don't beg for comments but I sometimes sit here begging for support! I understand what you are saying and applaud and respect your honesty at all times. xxx
DeleteLabour have always traditionally been anti-semitic. The very worst of their leaders being Corbyn, who went out of his way to lay wreaths on the graves of the Black September killers. Starmer will continue to say that he is not anti-semitic, but his actions are pro-Muslim; where his votes are important. As you say; he is a WIMP. I shall be very pleased to see the back of him, and his whole front bench.
ReplyDeleteI do not keep the company on my blog of those who do not have sympathy for Jews following the October 7 attacks, nor do I laugh at their jokes nor believe their antisemitic denials. Starmer is as Khan also and the destruction of Britain is too far gone to be stopped. I wonder if Khan will visit Primrose Hill and lay a wreath.
DeleteAs it is the 12th today, I believe it could be your birthday Rachel? If so Happy Birthday to you! If not, I will say it again on the correct day. Have a nice day whatever you do. X
ReplyDeleteYes, it is my birthday. I will do a birthday heading to see if anybody comes by. Thank you. xxx
DeleteHurrah! Happiest of birthday's to you Rachel. Yes! Do a birthday heading as I am sure many people would like to send you their good wishes. X
DeleteThe sheer idea of one nation claiming that another nation has no right to exist beggars belief, and yet that is exactly what Iran as a state says about Israel as a state.
ReplyDeleteI do not doubt that there are decent people in every country, but some governments lack all decency, no matter whether it‘s about their own folks or others.
The Iran state, Hezbollah and Hamas (along with the Egyptian Brotherhood) all call for the destruction of Israel. Persians (Iranians) Arabs and Jewish people always got along well in the past. The political groups mentioned are militant, powerful organisations and Hezbollah is a proxy of Iran, and Hamas is funded by Iran and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood supports Hamas.
Delete